Review Thread: Ess vs Syd

Two things.

1) Essendon are no good

2) L Franklin should send Essendon a Christmas card if he doesn't already

Wasnt actually as bad a game as the scoreboard suggested. All the kids played ok. Bellcho worked his way back into it.

Where we broke down was the supporters.

I'm sorry but booing an injured umpire as he came off the ground, that ■■■■ was beyond ordinary and is exactly the kind of ■■■■ this club does not need right now. :angry:

Big Jake Carlisle was good though.

We have kicked less than 10 goals 5 weeks in a row. We are farked. No finals.

O'Brien and Kav are making a run at becoming the next generation of list cloggers

I fully expect every “sports writer” in the papers and on every show to hop on the high horse and spend plenty of time letting us all know how disgraceful it was the that cheating carnt got booed when injured. (Yes, it was very poor taste)

Wasnt actually as bad a game as the scoreboard suggested. All the kids played ok. Bellcho worked his way back into it.
I'm sorry but booing an injured umpire as he came off the ground, that **** was beyond ordinary and is exactly the kind of **** this club does not need right now. :angry:

Disagree. Karma train.

This sport and just about everyone associated with it outside Essendon are pieces of sh-t. I think I'm done with it.

Socal media and other forums are blowing up about how Essendon fans are the just the worst for booing that umpire off.

You know what, stuff it.

We've been getting fisted by ASADA and the AFL for 18 months now. We've copped it from opposition fans. And the club has RELENTLESSLY copped it from the media by seemingly endless "personalities" who still hold deep-seated grudges from their playing days.

If we're going to become the hated fans, then bring it on. I'm ready.

Fk everyone

#embracethehate

It's been 15 games since the AFL Players Association met with our players last year before the Hawthorn game and told them that there was no way they would be playing finals in 2013. Since then we've score 10 goals only 6 times.

In the previous 16 games we'd scored 10 goals in every single game.

O'Brien and Kav are making a run at becoming the next generation of list cloggers

You gleaned that from tonight?
Well done

I found it almost unwatchable, I have watched bigger losses but this group appear to not want to be on the ground, for the talent we have they are rubbish, whether it’s asana, bomber, whatever we are genuinely rubbish at the moment and a game plan that is regressing the development we have seen in the last three years.

Don't have a forward line that can kick a winning score.

Get mauled defensively by opposition midfields

Have instituted a chip, go anywhere but forwards game plan that's doing our inexperienced forward line no favours

Looking decidedly slow

Disposal efficiency terrible.

Have we become Esseninth?

I fully expect every "sports writer" in the papers and on every show to hop on the high horse and spend plenty of time letting us all know how disgraceful it was the that cheating carnt got booed when injured. (Yes, it was very poor taste)

Yep poor taste. Hmmm, as poor as putting the 12 players names in the paper? As poor as printing peoples medical details in the paper?

I haven't been so fired up at the maggots in a very long time. Those soft free's in the first half cost us about 5 goals I rekon..

Didn't help Swans couldn't miss to save themselves..

Just one of those nights everything went wrong, too many turnovers and Syd didn't miss.

one positive is Zach Merrett. WOW, can they boy kick.. I think we've really found one there.

this seems to be the norm these days.

Beaten by a very good, hardened, deeply talented team. We look light in the contest and devoid of confidence moving the ball forward. Structure was better with TBell and Ryder but they will need to drop one of the big guys, it just doesn’t work. A few passengers out there tonight that will make way for Chapmen and Winderlich post the bye.

We are no where near the best sides. Sydney’s forward line was sublime, there use, there attack, there running, there decision making so much better than ours. Hopefully we can turn it around, the bye can’t come soon enough. I pray this farking ASADA circus comes to a head soon, it absolutely must be sapping the team and the club.

I'm sorry but booing an injured umpire as he came off the ground, that **** was beyond ordinary and is exactly the kind of **** this club does not need right now. :angry:

yeah that wasn't great on the broadcast either. you don't cheer a guy who's laying on the floor busted, no matter how much a farken skid mark he is...

Also I need to give 3 votes to Zerrett’s kick into the middle between two swans from the backline. Perfection.

He killed our momentum!

I fully expect every "sports writer" in the papers and on every show to hop on the high horse and spend plenty of time letting us all know how disgraceful it was the that cheating carnt got booed when injured. (Yes, it was very poor taste)

Was it poor taste but I couldn't give a flying ■■■■ about anything anymore. Public can hate us, IDGAF. 

Did not enjoy that at all. Watching footy is meant to be a good release after a crap week at work. Umpires were appalling, commentators appalling and our stop stop stop fumble fumble fumble footy was appalling. 2014 season has been the hardest in 4 decades of supporting the club.

Chin up, you could be a Richmond or dogs supporter.