Review Thread: Ess vs Syd

Public opinon turning on ASADA

In glad we booed the umpire!

We need to stope trying to please the AFL and everybody to ‘win back faith’ or whatever.

We should go the opposite and stick it up them. Gotta wonder if Hirdy giving up the fight has made the club loose it’s fight. I thin Tim Watson was right during the week we are dying by a thousand cuts.

I fully expect every "sports writer" in the papers and on every show to hop on the high horse and spend plenty of time letting us all know how disgraceful it was the that cheating carnt got booed when injured. (Yes, it was very poor taste)

Yep poor taste. Hmmm, as poor as putting the 12 players names in the paper? As poor as printing peoples medical details in the paper?

Of course those so called sports opinion writers have done plenty of more disgraceful things. I still think it's poor taste to boo someone who is injured even if they are a cheating ■■■■, but I don't begrudge those who did it.
A lot of anger has built up amongst our supporters in the past year, a bit was vented at etihad tonight.

fark the world. 

This sport and just about everyone associated with it outside Essendon are pieces of sh-t. I think I'm done with it.

Socal media and other forums are blowing up about how Essendon fans are the just the worst for booing that umpire off.
You know what, stuff it.
We've been getting fisted by ASADA and the AFL for 18 months now. We've copped it from opposition fans. And the club has RELENTLESSLY copped it from the media by seemingly endless "personalities" who still hold deep-seated grudges from their playing days.
If we're going to become the hated fans, then bring it on. I'm ready.
Fk everyone
#embracethehate
Yep. Us vs the world. We have plenty to be farking angry about. Let us vent, and who gives a toss what other fans think.

eddie mcguire, you're moving up the list 

"goddard got the free in the first quarter, did nothing for the rest of the game"

what a farken brain surgeon. 

We played better than in the wins v Dogs and Brissy, but it shows how far off the pace we really are. We still lacked polish off half-back and broke down continually around half-forward. How many times did we win the ball and have nothing to kick to? Ryder was our best IMO, his ruckwork was superb and he looked lively up forward and should’ve kicked 4. Concur that Zaka looked back to near his best. Watson, Goddard, Heppell good as usual. Carlisle also seemed more intent when he got on and we seemed better down there with Jake, and Belly/Paddy as the talls. Lots to work on, but we can take some positives out of the last half.

Abominable first quarter but quite a few positives after that:

The longer the game went, the better TBC got....this allowed Paddy to go forward and actually gave us a marking target (if only he could have kicked straight).

You can see Dempsey getting better as his match fitness improves...sure he made some errors but he was back providing valuable link ups through the middle of the ground.

Zach Merrett is going to be a gun...he is just so poised and some of his kicks were superb.

Zaka played probably his best game of the year and his efforts in the third quarter were excellent...got his head over the ball and ran all night.

I'm not one that usually spends too much time bagging the umpires but they were abysmal tonight...if only the ■■■■■■ would umpire both sides the same way :angry:

I'm sorry but I don't agree, demps was kicking at 18 percent efficiency and zaka was 36 although I thought he was ok.. Geez the unpiring was terrible.. A tough game to be at.. Our structure is way better with tbc in. Will only get better.

This sport and just about everyone associated with it outside Essendon are pieces of sh-t. I think I'm done with it.

Socal media and other forums are blowing up about how Essendon fans are the just the worst for booing that umpire off.
You know what, stuff it.
We've been getting fisted by ASADA and the AFL for 18 months now. We've copped it from opposition fans. And the club has RELENTLESSLY copped it from the media by seemingly endless "personalities" who still hold deep-seated grudges from their playing days.
If we're going to become the hated fans, then bring it on. I'm ready.
Fk everyone
#embracethehate
Yep most hated. Labelled drug cheats, people who don't even watch afl have heard of essendon and they are the drug cheTing club with the evil James Hird.
2015 campaign #embrace the hate

Yes booing the umpire was in bad taste but STUFF it!!!

The amount of crap we as supporters have copped from every angle, the amount of booing we have endured…only to hear ‘people spend their money on the ticket, they can do what they want’. If they want to release their anger and frustration by booing, they are allowed to. Guarantee every other club would have had supporters do the same thing!

I’m seriously over it, FARK EVERYONE THAT ISNT ESSENDON

It wasnt that bad. There were positives.

when the opposition has uncanny conversion and the umps kill u, its very difficult to win.

Reminds me of that crows game at the dome a few years ago when they couldnt miss…

Watch Hannerbry get off for nearly breaking Hurleys neck

It's been 15 games since the AFL Players Association met with our players last year before the Hawthorn game and told them that there was no way they would be playing finals in 2013. Since then we've score 10 goals only 6 times.

In the previous 16 games we'd scored 10 goals in every single game.

Perhaps the worst statistic of all time.

Well is it 15 or 16 games?

The good tonite:

Belly playing a full game and showing a few goods signs

Ryder looking more dangerous up forward than anyone else has this season

Zac Merrett

Jobe

Zaharakis - hope that wasn't a once in 10 weeks effort

Carlisle (given his previous 8 weeks!)

The game style wasn't as dreadful as in the past 5 weeks

The not so good

The first quarter - Essendon offered nothing, no excuses for running onto the field waving the white flag. Only Goddard wanted to be there.

As usual near non-existent return from forward entries

Melksham - just doesn't do anywhere enough - the story of his career (trade bait IMO)

Jackson Merrett - needs a rocket up him

Hibberd too much fumbling and nearly always gets caught on his non-existent right side

Myers looked like he hasn't played for a year

Dempsey - someone let him know that kicks exceeding 15m are allowed.

Carlisle and Daniher are competing for one spot in the team.

Stanton - meant to be a senior playing who should be leading by example

I dunno about this game. I was too angry to really put together an opinion that could be seen as unbiased.

It's not the number of frees we get against, but it's always when it's paid, or when the frees that should be paid for us aren't.

If we imagine the first half didn't happy the style of football was better. We didn't hesitate to kick the ball to the first option which meant the forward line started to work!

Hannebery said after the game "I didn't see Hurley there until the last second". You mean you didn't see Hurley fumble the ball for 3 / 4 seconds before you decided to clean him up?

Also it sucks when we only have salary cap room but they have a salary cap mansion.

Lastly and most importantly, AFL, F*** YOU!!!

We're that far up ■■■■ creek, almost no way back. UNLESS, we get the next goal.

At least we have the weekend to forget about it

Wasnt actually as bad a game as the scoreboard suggested. All the kids played ok. Bellcho worked his way back into it.

Where we broke down was the supporters.

I'm sorry but booing an injured umpire as he came off the ground, that **** was beyond ordinary and is exactly the kind of **** this club does not need right now. :angry:

Agree. Pretty ordinary.

Wasnt actually as bad a game as the scoreboard suggested. All the kids played ok. Bellcho worked his way back into it.
Where we broke down was the supporters.
I'm sorry but booing an injured umpire as he came off the ground, that **** was beyond ordinary and is exactly the kind of **** this club does not need right now. :angry:

Disagree. Karma train.
Well not quite. In all reality the fans booed him because he had a boo coming - appalling game. However, I doubt anyone knew he'd be driven off in a neck brace, otherwise I'm sure that wouldn't have happened. Crowd very quiet once it was obvious he was hurt. In the context of the game the initial booing was fair game. Nothing more, nothing less. Get over it.

I dunno about this game. I was too angry to really put together an opinion that could be seen as unbiased.

It's not the number of frees we get against, but it's always when it's paid, or when the frees that should be paid for us aren't.

If we imagine the first half didn't happy the style of football was better. We didn't hesitate to kick the ball to the first option which meant the forward line started to work!

Hannebery said after the game "I didn't see Hurley there until the last second". You mean you didn't see Hurley fumble the ball for 3 / 4 seconds before you decided to clean him up?

Also it sucks when we only have salary cap room but they have a salary cap mansion.

Lastly and most importantly, AFL, F*** YOU!!!

Hannebery's eyes were on Hurley the whole time, I can't believe the amount of toss bags that are trying to say it was Hurleys fault. He is entitled to bend over and pick up the ball any way he damn well wants without worrying if someone is going to run into the top of his head. And to not even get a free for it...