Review Thread - Essendon d Bad News Bears

What happened to them “Lions surge” or whatever they called it before the bounce?

The media and football fraternity have always been hoodwinked by how shiel moves. He is a very good player. He has always been an average kick.

Yeah Charlie Brown provides far more as a lead up the ground link up target than smack aka Scott Lucas.

1 Like

Who the hell’s “We” Kimosabe?? :smirk:

(No, is the short answer. Not I.)

1 Like

I’m waiting for McGraths goal in the last quarter to be described as a “future captains goal”.

2 Likes

The standard of umpiring this year is a disgrace and ruining the game.

28 Likes

Commentators keep harping on it too, but AFL continues to say everything is great, nothing to see here.

2 Likes

Commentators will soon get the message to follow the line, guaranteed.

3 Likes

Edit: Wrong thread

Left at 3qtr time, cos the kids were getting restless.

Turned on SEN. It was a f*cking disgrace. Commentators were literally barracking for Brisbane.

Just Call the game properly or shut up.

16 Likes

please, we would’ve tapped into the ‘came from a good family’ trust fund.

How good is the MCG.

What the ■■■■ are we doing at Docklands, get us the fk out of there and back to the G.

73 Likes

well that was good.

3 Likes

Which is ironic considering we must be one of the lowest tackling sides, especially in our Essington games.

mcg @ night is football nirvana.

I hope we can bring that form to marvel stadium. Good turnaround by the club, Hooker is so important

TALK JOLIMONT TO ME

6 Likes

low attendances because of rail works

Anyone else come in from the southeast suburbs? With no trains running that was the hardest footy commute ever. Took me an hour to get from Prahran to Richmond. I reckon 48k is an awesome crowd with the trains/traffic the way they are.

11 Likes

Fantastic game even though we dropped off in the 3rd from factors of fatigue, Lions putting in more and umpiring efforts. We held together though and ran the game out well.

Walla Wow!
Brown amazing!
Midfield is as good as any now. Just need some better disposal efficiency and more Parish (less Myers). Do think Myers was brought it to help Heppel, which means we need to bring in someone else to do that.

Our ruck is a problem though. Our biggest weakness at the moment and has been since we lost Ryder. Bellchambers looks either done or he isn’t putting in effort. Clarke tries but he is average. Hope this Draper is somewhat good, because we just need a capable ruck or if not capable smart.

2 Likes