Review Thread - Essendon d Bad News Bears

Tippa!!

1 Like

Depends if we beat Norf. In other words, only as good as your last game.

1 Like

Backline was very very good, all members performing very well. Hurley and Hooker are arguably the best defensive double act in the game and kept our head above water for most of the 2nd half

Forwardline was very very good in the 1st before being overshadowed by Tippa and Brown. Fantasia still looks a little ‘off’. Stringer was looking ominous early before fading, mainly due to inaccuracy and poor kicking up field, still had 3 GAs and a swag of SIs. Baguley does some very nifty things and some not so nifty things, I still think Begley comes in when match fit. Clarke wasn’t a total liability this week which was a nice development.

Midfield was a bit up and down all game, turnovers and poor kicking really stood out particularly with Shiel, Heppell and McGrath. Parish looked like he lost his inside spot but worked hard and kicked well going forward. Merrett was back to his best. Zaharakis was good, copped a niggle which limited him. Bellchambers seemed limited from the first bounce.

Umpires WOG disgusting really I don’t know what would have happened if we lost.

Yup, but if we were 0-4 this week instead of 2-2 the knives would be out. I’m happy the team have turned it around. I honestly thought the players had given up on Woosha and were trying to get him sacked.

1 Like

Myers would know how to handle this.

16 Likes

The kid nearly needed Myers to protect himself from me by the end of it…

13 Likes

Gotta be more prepared. 4yo lasted the game with many snacks, a colouring book and playschool on the tablet. She manages about a quarter before she gets bored.

10 Likes

0-4 would be unacceptable, yes.
I can’t claim to know what was wrong in rounds 1,2, but I’m enjoying the win on top of last week.
Stoked for Walla, a big bag like this is well deserved!

Also if they don’t.

1 Like

MEGANEGAMBROSEGA

I’m a Hurley basher.

Was excellent.

6 Likes

Hooker and Hurley go together like wine and cheese or coffee and cigarettes or Richards and jagger or Deniro and Scorsese.

14 Likes

Always plays better with Hooker in the team. He’s like Hurley’s giant, clunking support animal.

18 Likes

Would love to see the free kick stats (I know there aren’t any) for dangerous tackles. I reckon we have had as many paid against us as the rest of the AFL combined over the past 3 seasons.

Rapt in Redman’s game. Ridley slotting in nicely. Zaka back what we know can deliver. Brown will be hard to omit.

The less said about Tippa’s game the better…I don’t want to use any words and just ‘sigh with a smile’!

Wishing lots of kicking practice this week for Parish, Shiel and Stringer.

I still think the Lions will knock on the door of the eight this year - they’re a pretty good side who win 7 or 8 at home, and a couple on the road. That was a top win by our boys.

Hooker is absolutely key to our backline. We looked rock solid today.

9 Likes

I would like to apologise to everyone that was sitting near me for my behaviour after hip wood received that free in the 2nd

20 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have beers to drink here at The Royal.

4 Likes

Like toilets and toilet paper. Containing a mess, and then cleaning it right up like it never happened.

3 Likes

See you on the news tonight?

4 Likes

He is trying to do too much “flash” stuff. Needs to reset back to basics then introduce his tricks

2 Likes