Review Thread - Essendon d Bad News Bears

What a great luxury it is to have guys like Redman and Ridley come into the team from outside the best 22 and play with such composure and putting pressure on the selectors for those spots in th team.

I loved Redman’s hardness and clean ball use today. He is one tough hombre.

Ridley very rarely panics in tight situations with the ball and always seems to pick the right option with his disposals.

In fact the most impressive thing about these two guys is their excellent decision making under pressure for guys that are so inexperienced in terms of the low amount of matches they’ve each played in their careers so far.

12 Likes

Agree.

To add to that, and perhaps not this year, but Draper and Mossie are looking like being excellent chances to take a couple of spots that we still have room for improvement.

It’s a good list.

2 Likes

To be fair it was me and a couple of hundred other people.

A lot of those were the elderly and families.

It’s amazing that it took an hour for the first bus to arrive after a footy game.

Pretty poor form.

1 Like

Sorry, you’re exactly right. I meant to include Draper and his incumbent is arguably the shakiest of the lot bar Daniher’s

I ■■■■■■ hope not

true - at least we won, making the journey home a pleasant one.

1 Like

It was indeed.

The G sh11ts all over Marvel.

It’s actually a strange feeling having back to back games there so early in the year.

I thought I made it clear I prefer the G.

It’s the rubbish infrastructure we have here that is abysmal

Sorry, I misunderstood your point and went on a Bltizrant.

In general though, I’ll let the point stand.

1 Like

Can someone explain/show me the free kick Brisbane got for picking up an Essendon player, dumping (which I thought was not on these days)
I was at work so didn’t see it, did Heppell punch the bloke?

Cannot explain. Sorry.

That bad then hahaha

Yep.

1 Like

The free kick was because we retaliated.

Ambrose dived at him and got Hipwood head flush. Free kick was there.

2 Likes

Oh well
Standard of umpiring has gone backwards
Let’s just keep winning. Makes the weekend better

Cheers

Finally getting a game on FTA tv in Cairns cos we’re playing one of the QLD teams = good.

Having to sit thru an exceptionally anti-Essendon commentary (looking at you in particular, Gerrard Healy = bad.

2 Likes

I drove in from tootgarook at 11:45 didn’t get into ground until 2:55pm :flushed:

No problem out my way, driving in from outer eastern suburbs. Left home at 12.45. Stopped for petrol. Parked in my usual spot in Richmond. Did the 15-20 min walk. Got into the ground. Had ritual pre-game leak. Got seated with 5 min to spare.
Been the same routine for 20 years.
Do love the G.
Different story coming home. Traffic around Bridge Rd was horrendous.

2 Likes