Review Thread - Essendon d Bad News Bears

you know what the G needs?

a roof.

2 Likes

Thanks Brad Scott

3 Likes

Just watched the highlights - who was the name of the caller who called the game today? He seemed really good

1 Like

Gerard Healy

Big positives with backline. McKenna seems to have his groin strain under control and is getting through games without any apparent recurrence. Ambrose has been a rock and may be the best option to put the screws on De Goey on Anzac Day. Redman and Ridley have both moved beyond promising and are showing why the Club has long term faith in them. Francis, who was a lock for our defence by the end of 2018, will now need to fight for his return to the seniors.
Remaining questions: How long (even with internally acknowledged intelligent leadership qualities) can David Myers hold on to a senior team role? His limited on-field output is placing pressure on selectors to return Kyle Langford to this inside mid grunt role. The Club needs to decide this year whether to persist with Kyle’s development or to trade him. A similar scenario exists with Jayden Laverde when he gets over injury.
Forwards: Brown can do no more than he did today. Stewart needs to up the ante at training and via VFL performances if he’s to return at present to a senior role. Both these two have potentially been given a door ajar opportunity with Shaun McKernan’s new hammy issue. The opportunity to cement a place may be short term if Joey D returns and fires.
Rucks: I suspect Zach Clarke needs to lift to another level (read - stop fumbling) if he’s to hold off Sammy Draper’s charge toward his maiden senior game. At present, Belly really only holds the No.1 ruck role because of his experience. Effectiveness at stoppages and with his hit outs needs to be upped to another level if he’s to hold off Draper’s advancement for at least another 12 months.:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

ok cool, i wasn’t the only one.

4 Likes

Maybe I think @SMJ means the other one. I dunno who it is either. Sounded vaguely familiar though. Maybe the bloke who called our Gold Coast game last year?

Brenton Speed. Normally does A League

7 Likes

Ahh, I did take note too. Someone I think I’d heard of once before, … but I’m fkd if I can remember now, … Clinton someone maybe, …?? Dunno

Thas it. I agree, was very listenable. Just had to mute that dolt Healy and it was all good.

1 Like

That backline could take us a fair way this year.

Hooker just plants himself in the hole 20 - 30 metre from goal and roams like a leviathan.

Saad is awesome and just needs to tidy up the holding the jumper type frees.

2 Likes

Good descriptor.

I was thinking DREADNOUGHT.

Always loved that word. It’s perfect to describe Cale.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadnought

2 Likes

If I can see Christensen holding Hookers jumper from the back of my lounge room on my laptop screen the umpires need to seriously go ■■■■ themselves

What a ■■■■■■■ horrid display, that was one of the worst i’ve seen, just straight refusing to pay the rules, sling tackles, clotheslines, christensen the ■■■■■■■ cheat was ■■■■■■■ holding jumpers the whole ■■■■■■■ game and never got called…

Have to make an official complaint or just bottle one of these intolerable ■■■■ sticks

What a pathetic bunch of excuses for human beings, can’t even do their ■■■■■■■ jobs so opposition teams get confident and injure our players because they are allowed to play outside the rules

the afl is a ■■■■■■■ joke if it lets this stupidity or incompetence continue, as someone is going to get hurt if we have to tackle harder to get htb’s and opposition can throw our smaller players head first into the turf

the non mcg call lead to the kick in the head that could have been so much worse have no doubt, hipwood would not have tried that if the umpires had curbed his aggression by PAYING THE ■■■■■■■ RULES 10 minutes earlier when he tried to injure McG. We have hit the day where the continued umpire incompetence is a dangerous health hazard that cannot be ignored anymore

How do we find such trash humans like margets to ruin such a great game, never seen a ■■■■■■ more deserving of a brick to the head, what a ■■■■■■■

David Myers almost lost his ■■■■■■■ god damned eye, seriously, when are we going to say something, the umps just let opposition players think they can do stuff like this by not paying the free kicks when they’re there, enough is enough, a ■■■■■■■ disgraceful day for the afl is that vision, disgusting they let these ■■■■■ run around endangering the players wellbeing

If you think i’m too angry, think how we’d all feel, especially david myers, if that hipwood kick did take out an eye

24 Likes

everyone: it’s impossible to unscramble an egg. essendon is a scrambled egg.
john worsfold: hold my beer.

2 Likes

That is an excellent story. Sounds exactly like my 3 year old! Been umming and ahhhing about taking him his first game this year. You’ve just talked me out of it. Hats off to you for the effort though (pun intended)! Go dons!!

3 Likes

I don’t think Ambrose is getting nearly enough love for obliterating Hipwood today. Just outright blanketed him

His disposal today was really good, can’t remember any turnovers. When he had the ball, he played within his limitations

36 Likes

Brenton Speed - he’s the one I mentioned to you in the other thread a few months ago. He’s a belter, though I thought he was down on form today (most likely due in no small part to the fact that he was dragged down by the two alongside him).

2 Likes
12 Likes

Brisbane were cocky after being 3-0.

I’m glad we burst their bubble and gave them a reality check eat a ■■■■ Brisbane.

7 Likes

Take them to the VFL… much more room for them to run and play and heaps of other kids.

5 Likes