Review Thread: Essendon vs Fark Carlton

So peeved right now, we should have smashed that side to pieces and we were doing so until 5 minutes to go in the third and we just let them dominate from then on.  We are a mentally weak side, physically we can beat anyone, mentally we cannot.

you think dempsey was good?

No killer instinct. Haven't had it for 10 years.

Agree - good teams would have gone on with that 30 point lead in the third quarter - commentators at that point saying how hard it must have been mentally for carlscum to keep in the game. Little did they know it was us mentally they had to worry about....!!

So does the 2 points change anything?

We’re still 7th right?

2 points better than 0

From qtr time to half way through the third was some pretty good footy.

Didn’t you guys watch?

So does the 2 points change anything?
We're still 7th right?
2 points better than 0

guranteed 7th. if cam wood had of knocked that over tigers could have taken 7th.

Anyone else feel sick.

I know it’s not a loss but it stings. Yes, we got some points but I wanted to bury them!!

you think dempsey was good?

How can one man Fark up so many running bounces?

Didn't you guys watch?

That is where the problem is, we just struggle to do anything for a full 1/4 (let alone a full match), we allow teams back in and never put the foot down.  Until we learn that, like Hawthorn/Geelong/Sydney and co, we will stay like a Richmond and achieve nothing year in and year out for another 10 years.

Haven’t seen the game but looking at the numbers where the hell was our midfield.

Also hepp zero tackles - fit?

It's like

will we beat a team

flip a coin each qtr and see who turns up

Essendon or Essington

Essendon can beat top teams, Essington makes the worst teams look like top teams.

Any week if we can flip 3 qtrs Essendon we win, this week we had 2 and 2. Let's hope next week at least 3 qtrs are Essendon

or the boys grow some ■■■■■■■ balls.

This is what I reckon. This result was combination of us:

• playing soft in patches, not wanting to get injured
  • Carlton playing well. Remember they were on par with Geelong and Freo during their matches.
  • bomber stubborn. Loves playing midgets against 3rd tall forwards. ■■■■ sake bomber.

Meh. Finals next week. Everybody knows we're inconsistent as ■■■■■ so were as much chance of thumping norf as we are losing.
get excited or fark off

Didn't you guys watch?

2 quarters of footy don't win finals and don't win most games.

Biggest positive - we will be rank outsiders next week

Calm your farms. We didn’t get any injuries and we can relax knowing we play north next week.

Dry your eyes we didn’t lose and are playing finals next week in Melbourne.

Move on quickly from this one an just look towards next week

Anyone else feel sick.
I know it's not a loss but it stings. Yes, we got some points but I wanted to bury them!!

Yeah it always stings with a loss or draw to them, I hate every single thing about that club.

Calm your farms. We didn't get any injuries and we can relax knowing we play north next week.

Thought Bags got injured late in the game?

I feel angry. Carlton and Hawthorn games usually make me feel angry, lol. But more so that once again we played a fantastic patch of footy but nowhere near a full game.

However, we didn’t lose. We made finals. Several players simply got through the game. Bring on September.