Review Thread: Essendon vs Fark Carlton

Really we should be coached by Harvey two face

We finish seventh, we play next week against North who we beat by 6 and a half goals early on.

Myers comes back in, maybe Carlisle if he comes up, and maybe even Fletch.

Carlton put pressure on us and when we were playing to win we dominated them.

We stopped and started playing safe, and we know not to do that next week.

From qtr time to half way through the third was some pretty good footy.
Didn't you guys watch?

2 quarters of footy don't win finals and don't win most games.

including today

So... the score worm ends up flat-lining.  Appropriate really, since my heart had stopped for the last 2 minutes.  Essendon are going to be responsible for some serious medical bills from their supporter base, methinks.

Bomba says we are not just a club, we are a family... at the moment, we look about as dysfunctional as the Kardashians.

Disgusting. You don’t start that way and you don’t drop a lead like that.

Don’t know what I’m more angry at.

I knew it would happen. Could smell it a mile away . We just don’t know how to treat one game at a time do we.

Now some comments;

Stanton is never going to win us a game , not can he be relied on. A passenger yet a good passenger but will never start a dominant rampage

Bellchambers … Lack of pre season and injuries have marred him. We need him firing , total liability

Forward line… Lacking a lot

Howlett, wtf happened to him ? Gone awol

I love express trains to Caulfield get to see the last live FARKEN sweet

My idiot Carlton cousin emailed me.

My reply

We didn't even have to win and we got everything we needed out of this game.

If we'd won by 100 points we'd play North next week.

We had a draw, so we play North next week.

Carlton will be at Hamilton Island.

we need someone to work on the mental side of our game, for years now, theres been no killer instinct. Nearly every time we are 5 goals up, the opposition come back. Its why we consistently lose to rubbish clubs. Just never sinks in… until they develop the killer instinct, we will be nowhere as a club

And Fark Catlton

Most of the team was in self preservation mode, let’s see how they play with it all on the line next week.

Went from 9.4 to 13.12.

I wish we could bury teams when we have a 4 - 5 goal lead. What is in their heads? Are we mentally weak?

Bellchambers clearly given clean run at threesome with twigs in some weird sex trade deal with Judd
No other explanation for it. Clearly tried to lose us the game.

Haha!! Was laughable how many ruck tapouts went straight to Judd!
Can't complain too much about the game.
Played ■■■■ early. Fired up when we needed to. Foot of the gas late. Still secured 7th.
No one at the club will be happy with the performance really. Everyone knows plenty to work on.
Whatever spray bomber gave them at quarter time will hopefully remain in their heads from the start next week.
I'm rapt, nabbed free tix to final and will be down in rooms after hopefully celebrating a win!

Gleeson the only player I have faith in anymore.

Surely he can bring balance to the force...I mean team.

Stants done

Can't have two unaccountable mids (him and zaka) in same midfield.

We finish seventh, we play next week against North who we beat by 6 and a half goals early on.

Myers comes back in, maybe Carlisle if he comes up, and maybe even Fletch.

Carlton put pressure on us and when we were playing to win we dominated them.

We stopped and started playing safe, and we know not to do that next week.

We know not to do that EVERY week... yet we've done it for 20 of our 22 games.

And yes, we beat North by 6 and a half goals last time.  We beat Carlton by 14 goals last time too.

On the plus side, in just about all our games, we are in control - it is mostly about which of our teams - Essendon or Essington - turns up, as opposed to what the opposition are doing. 

Most of the team was in self preservation mode, let's see how they play with it all on the line next week.

Are we good enough to flirt with form and flick a switch?
We still act like a club that is successful, but has been rubbish for 10 years.
We have improved mentally this year closing out games but we still lack any instinct to kill a game.

Laters Carlton you ■■■■■.

Calm your farms. We didn't get any injuries and we can relax knowing we play north next week.

clam farms?

finals baby

I remember in 2000 and 2001 last rounds. We are really bad and just won in 00 by 4 odd goals. We smashed North the following week.

Got smashed by Tigers in 01. Only to smash them back. So finals are another game all together. I have confidence they can lift.

We just needed to get the 2 points to lock 7th spot on the ladder. We just managed to do that. Gibbs would normally kick that distance so really lucky to escape. Well done Hurley to force it out.

Went from 9.4 to 13.12.
I wish we could bury teams when we have a 4 - 5 goal lead. What is in their heads? Are we mentally weak?

we get complacent.  we seem to think that that lead is adequate.  honestly i couldnt care less about today, we played like balls, we didnt deserve to win after the way we played.  but, we didnt need to.  that said, im sure we will carry the meh feeling of a draw onto next week against norf.