Review Thread: Essendon vs Fark Carlton

Went from 9.4 to 13.12.
I wish we could bury teams when we have a 4 - 5 goal lead. What is in their heads? Are we mentally weak?

we get complacent.  we seem to think that that lead is adequate.  honestly i couldnt care less about today, we played like balls, we didnt deserve to win after the way we played.  but, we didnt need to.  that said, im sure we will carry the meh feeling of a draw onto next week against norf.

I dont know how to feel. Perhaps if it wasn’t such a cracking day I may be a lot angrier.

Most of the team was in self preservation mode, let's see how they play with it all on the line next week.

Are we good enough to flirt with form and flick a switch?
We still act like a club that is successful, but has been rubbish for 10 years.
We have improved mentally this year closing out games but we still lack any instinct to kill a game.

You need to remember apart from a couple of guys there is a dearth of finals experience in this side. Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney etc have done it all before and know what it takes to handle this time of year.
This team is still finding its way and playing finals year after year is the only way learn. These boys get to taste a big final on the G, don't under estimate the learning value that brings.

There are too many players that played today that just aren't going to take us to a grand final. We also seem to have so many uncoordinated players, and/or slow players. They can't chase and they turn it over so much that we actually need to be a high pressure team. For instance when an umpire calls play on our players on the mark just stand there or make a token effort. Can you imagine what breust, puopolo, roughy, hill, smith, rioli, etc would be doing. They hunt the opposition. Our guys do nothing.

It feels hollow right now.

2 pts against a side we should beat easily.

It won’t seem hollow if Richmond beat Sydney, and we win our Final against North next week.

This lacklustre performance can be easily forgotten, but we need to switch on next week from the first bounce !

Geez I love young Zac but i wish he'd stick a tackle.....

Belly - well the only good thing he did was let Paddy play forward. i reckon half of Judd's posessions were from Belly's taps straight to him!

Fk that was frustrating. Their spuds slotting them from everywhere, while BJ was missing from 20 out and Stants’ snap bounced at right angles.

Most of the team was in self preservation mode, let's see how they play with it all on the line next week.

Are we good enough to flirt with form and flick a switch?
We still act like a club that is successful, but has been rubbish for 10 years.
We have improved mentally this year closing out games but we still lack any instinct to kill a game.

You need to remember apart from a couple of guys there is a dearth of finals experience in this side. Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney etc have done it all before and know what it takes to handle this time of year.
This team is still finding its way and playing finals year after year is the only way learn. These boys get to taste a big final on the G, don't under estimate the learning value that brings.

But but but ANZAC day ;)
Agree it will help, but the figjam mentality has to go. We relax as soon as we believe we have the game won. It's not a rare thing either. Bomber sure doesn't understand them.

There are too many players that played today that just aren't going to take us to a grand final. We also seem to have so many uncoordinated players, and/or slow players. They can't chase and they turn it over so much that we actually need to be a high pressure team. For instance when an umpire calls play on our players on the mark just stand there or make a token effort. Can you imagine what breust, puopolo, roughy, hill, smith, rioli, etc would be doing. They hunt the opposition. Our guys do nothing.

as do the goggles

Geez I love young Zac but i wish he'd stick a tackle.....

Belly - well the only good thing he did was let Paddy play forward. i reckon half of Judd's posessions were from Belly's taps straight to him!

Extremely astute and accurate observations VDH.

We’re playing a final in Melbourne next week. Be happy!

Crikey we’re frustrating.

I think this is a good point. I also thought a lot played as though they were nervous, and wondered if they think they are playing to play in their first final.
Perhaps that was the scare we needed to have. Next week will tell.

One of the most frustrating games I have seen. Saints game maybe slightly worse.

Who cares about today we made finals!!!!!!

Watson, Goddard, Chapman will all come to the front next week and show their class.

Seeing the Tiges getting out of te gates against the Swans 33-0. Thank fark we didn't drop the game today...!!

We're playing a final in Melbourne next week. Be happy!

playing a final in melbourne, next week, against a team weve beaten this year, who are ■■■■ in finals, who have a ■■■■ eater of a coach, with a proven premiership coach, with the lure of justification after being given the ■■■■ out of the finals last year, with a team that when they get it right they go all right.

i feel good about this.

Who cares about today we made finals!!!!!!

Watson, Goddard, Chapman will all come to the front next week and show their class.

Gleeson the only player I have faith in anymore.

Surely he can bring balance to the force...I mean team.

Stants done

Can't have two unaccountable mids (him and zaka) in same midfield.

Yes what the matter with Zaka. He seems to be disinterested a lot of the time. And belly is so slow and taps to Judd. His only value IMHO is in allowing paddy to go forward without the opposition dominating the ruck.

Meh. Finals next week. Everybody knows we're inconsistent as ■■■■■ so were as much chance of thumping norf as we are losing.
get excited or fark off

This is probably post of the thread. Concur x1000000