Review Thread - Nightmare-time at the G

Agree 100%

That’s a very convenient way to remember things.

2 Likes

More time than Worsfold

I always look forward to your summaries. I wish our coaching panel could see your views on our game plan. It all makes sense to me. In my opinion Worsefold should go. I didn’t like the selection of the team especially for wet weather football.

1 Like

It was Francis’ 3rd or 4th game as a forward. Ambrose showed a long time ago that he’s not up to it as a forward. Begley has barely played 10 games.

McKernan with all his talent is not an elite forward, never has been and will never be. Brown is better than him and we need to replace him with a decent forward who is consistent to partner Daniher next year.

2 Likes

Agree. Apparently Brown re-injured his wrist yesterday.

Was it even a problem last year? Do you have the stats?

McKernans not an elite forward?

Who is saying he is and is that really what we expect of him?

Do you think Brown is elite?

What are talking here ?
Toto, The Pretenders, or something even lighter such as Air Supply ?

1 Like

Someone that flys to Venice for dinner probably needs a good lawyer. Sorry smj you’re out Ivan’s in.

3 Likes

Quoting because this is an important post and more Blitzers need to see it. The sprinting efforts are damning. Does it come about because we are chasing most of the time? Does a chase count as a sprint?

Having the forwards move up the ground, then turn around and sprint back to get cheap goals isn’t going to work as a strategy. Instead they get pulled out of position and the forward line loses all semblance of structure. Forwards need to maintain their offensive shape better and then lead up to the ball carrier.

The lack of accuracy in set shots for goal is a major concern. Last night conditions played a part certainly, but it is a recurring theme carried over from other games. Many of those set shots are simple and easy ones, but we miss them and it is deflating. The misses appear to have a mental component, players lack confidence kicking for goal.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree, they’re is a method to every set up by Richmond, and players who cant get the ball are looking to block and clear paths for their team mates, we know only to follow the ball and if we can’t get it, stand there like a dill. Meanwhile the other players all start moving to, geez it’d be nice to see our players do this - we rely on individual act of skill on after another, just not going to consistently make you a winner at afl level. It makes a huge difference in opening up passages of play to a goal or two a quarter. It was a huge and obvious difference all night.

2 Likes

You can’t sprint when you are walking.
Bellchambers set the tone in the opening minutes when he “gave up” and his opponent was only a short space away. Watch in the background at nearly every contest, Richmond players are sprinting to either get to the next contest or sprinting towards space if they have the ball. Contrast to us constantly jogging or walking to the contest. Those stats should be pinned to their lockers and I’d have the players out this morning doing repetitive sprints

4 Likes

Agree, except the last point, if the club has seen the light that Worsfold is not the future, one game win or lose doesn’t matter at all, make the call and move on.

2 Likes

We did hack it forward which was ok but because we have too many up around the contest, there’s no one where the ball is likely to land, hence Houli cleaning up all night.
Tigers also just kept pushing the ball forward or wide where their numbers were and ours weren’t.

1 Like

Heres another problem.

2 Likes

I would like to see what the data keepers define a sprint to be.

1 Like

I can cope with giving him eight more games then.

24km/h for at least 1 second. There’s a whole thread about it here

2 Likes

We were always fkd as soon as it rained.

Played right into Tigers hands with the style of footy required. Teams can’t pick their way through their pressure with clean ball use.

We were really lacking in the quality smalls for the day. Tippa hardly fired a shot and on the reverse they have Baker with 24 possessions/ 9 tackles. Lav still stuck 6 tackles, best of our fwds.

Once again we are really struggling to capitalise on our fwds entries, losing games as a result.

Night went from bad to worse with such important players in Stringer & Shiel going down. We just can’t take a trick on the injury front at present.

Not many of our players performed well enough, only a few could hold their heads high & too many who were basically passengers