Review Thread- no finals this season

How many of you fuckwits played footy?
Their spare in defence is useless if we don’t bomb blindlessly to the area he’s sitting in.

Their spare gives us an extra around the ball or down back. We simply didn’t execute our footskills to the level required when going forward. Add to that we’re down Daniher & Smack, plus Stringer was hurt by the 3rd.

Focus on the turnovers from senior players when under heat, not the ■■■■■■■ spare man back.

If Zaka got a kick, if Hepp wasn’t a turn over merchant or dropped sitters, if BJ wasn’t BJ, and Myers was consistent, if Colyer didn’t turn the ball over if Hurley wasn’t out muslcled by a first year kid…we win.

Stop blaming the ■■■■■■■ coach

19 Likes

Because the strength of a team is when it matters, not when the horse has bolted. All off season we will hear how great we finished this year, but your memberships we are a team on the rise, then come JLT next year we will get mauled by some ■■■■ truck team like Port Adelaide and then the whole thing starts again.

1 Like

Who is supposed to make these players better if not the coach?

2 Likes

You don’t think they have been better?

1 Like

The players mentioned are all 25 years +. It’s not his responsibility to teach them how to ■■■■■■■ kick. If they can’t dispose the ball under pressure at their age they’re cooked. He inherited a list with everyone of those players. The best he can do no is trade or delist for players that can, if he can’t get consistency out of them.

So season after season with no hope of success, no real success and we should just continue to be happy that we found some young guys who can play?

Yeah… I’ve read that script for 17 years… it is getting pretty old. Longest streak without winning a final of any club… we are not ‘fine’.

Last year we made finals… this year we improved our list significantly and have missed finals. We have also gone behind other teams that we were head of last year. So we have categorically gone backwards.

Then look at the teams around us… North is young and likely to build, Melbourne is on the cusp of trying to cement themselves as a chance… Collingwood have pushed ahead. Crows likely to rebound quickly. Port still a very good team. Sydney will be back sooner rather than later. Hawks and Geelong never drop… like ever. Richmond is that far in front we are not even in the same ball park…

SO exactly how do we celebrate this season as anything other than an abject failure?

Our coaches lose the tactical battle every single week. Sometimes the skill and work of our players overcomes it… most weeks it doesn’t… especially when we come up against a very well coached team.

Our selections have been dicey all year… improved of late but don’t give you a lot of confident.

We don’t make any in game changes when it actually matters… sending Hooker forward with 5 mins left… yeah… awesome.

I have been very happy with how the team has responded to a horror start… the last 8 weeks have been good football and where we want to be. However this is a results business and we just failed the test, again… I don’t think we should be applauding that.

Hawks were simply better prepared, coached and ultimately went home with the win. Very sad.

20 Likes

I would read your post but I fall asleep after the first line.

4 Likes

Losing Guelfi and Dea was a big difference, those two are our coolest heads across HB

4 Likes

He makes some valid points.

2 Likes

No body in the ■■■■■■■ team can kick. Someone is responsible. We haven’t had a consistently decent kick since Ricky Dyson

1 Like

Clarkson wants to seek clarification on the “advantage rule” because it almost cost his side the win.

■■■■ off. How about the numerous HTB and incorrect disposals that weren’t called? Maybe address that first, ■■■■■■■■.

24 Likes

Attended every game in Melbourne in 2016 and put up with all the self inflicted drug sh’t and the club dishes up yet another mediocre season.

15 years of sh’t

4 Likes

Yeah… at least three occassions when we sent the player at least 360… sometimes closer to 540 and no whistle. Disgraceful umpiring… but lets focus on one decision that didn’t go your way… riiiiight!

3 Likes

He probably does, I just can’t read his stuff anymore, it is too long winded when it probably could be said in half the words. I get to the second line and give up.

What a ■■■■. So many decisions go their way he should shut the ■■■■ up.

5 Likes

Clarification of deliberate out of bounds would be nice.

4 Likes

ZMerrett says hello, as does Stringer, Smith, Smack, Gweilfi, Bagley, Begley, Redmond, McKenna, Saad.

The least consistent kicks are the lads caught up in saga, along with Zaka & BJ.

I’m celebrating the second half of the season. Best one since 2001.
Sounds like we had run out of steam today, that is all.

Hoodoo broken
Interstate games
Sydney up against the wall
Top 8 teams beaten
Essington curse

It’s the first time my 16 and 20 year old sons have seen us win so well. Future looks bright. Now let’s play the kids and tank the rest of the year…

19 Likes

Now, this is Bomberblitz.

3 Likes

Is this the worst season at the MCG since…2006 maybe? (EDIT: Actually 2006 was 1 win 1 draw at the G… so this year is worse).

1 Like