Review Thread- no finals this season

There are 2x ovals at the new facility? What size/shape is the other one?

Goodbye MikeT

Better record at Optus Stadium.

Iā€™m off for popcorn. This should be very, very, good.

1 Like

If anyone is nursing injuries just send them in for surgery now.

The worst part about the Goddard howler, was he had stringer all by himself on the HBF about 60m out , and didnā€™t pass to him. The howler just compounded it

1 Like

12 Likes

Who on that list do you disagree with?

None from me.

Lol at the guy who shoves the guy in blue out of the way just so he can dive on them

1 Like

And how is this a new conversation?

Sorry, I know you have literacy problems. Iā€™ll summarise:
Team bad start season
Team better lately
Selections bad
Selections better lately
Coaching Bad at start
Coaching still bad
Season not make us close to winning
It is not good to be bad for such long time.

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m pizzed off and upset about today, especially how I think weā€™re a better side than the Hawks. But I think weā€™ll be in the Top 6 next year. My prediction is weā€™ll finish 11th this year therefore should and I mean should get an ok FIXture. Put a fit Daniher and Gleeson in that side, plus a Pick #7, plus a ready-made midfielder via FA as well as a much better start to the season (it wonā€™t happen again) - and I donā€™t see why this side canā€™t win 14-15 next year.

Itā€™s a fine line - beat the Dogs in R3 and Blues in R8 and the side finishes with 14 wins and a home final. That is where I see this side - not a 10th-12th side.

2 Likes

Beastly careless.
Just wanted to say bye to MikeT.

Still too long :wink:

1 Like

My son played on Sosā€™s kid today in APS footy and flattened him. It was a great day!

20 Likes

Yesterday you said we would win the premiership. Are you having second thoughts?

3 Likes

Ok. I have to be honest. I have loved the second half of our season. Some of our plays from half-back have been nothing short of breathtaking. We have also discovered some youngsters who can only improve. All in all I would rather watch our side play as they have done over the second half of the season and lose the occasional game, than win a flag playing awful-to-watch, ultra defensive, rugby-style footy, like many other sides.
I know this may not be a massively popular view and, of course , I want us to win flags going forwardā€¦but isnā€™t sport also about enjoying the excitement of watching your team play exhilarating footy? We are certainly doing thatā€¦and Iā€™m loving it, even throughdisappointments like today.

16 Likes

Team Bad. Me Sad.
Want to Win not throw seasons in bin
Coaching sucks, they are peanuts

4 Likes

Nahā€¦ I always think we are going to win the premiershipā€¦ If you arenā€™t playing to win the flagā€¦ what is the point?!

Perhaps that is where I differ to many/mostā€¦ there is no point accepting mediocrity. We need to be ruthless in pursuit of a Flag.

We simply can not have season after season derailed by the awe inspiring tactic of ā€œloose man in defenceā€

1 Like

MCG is the one in front of the building. The other is etihad size.