Review Thread- no finals this season

What the hell was that rollercoaster cam all about? Almost as bad as kiss cam

1 Like

The more I watch of the game, the more I see the lack of the solid no nonsense defensive shut down ability of both Dea and Guelfi.

The loss of both was devastating to our backline, and with no FF like Smack/Stewartinform/Roughead/Gunston type we were always going to struggle to go the distance

Stringer and Mark Baguely actually produced solid numbers, but that 2 to 3 goals from a power key forward as we saw from the hawks makes a difference.

Losing Smack, Dea and Guelf have all taken us about 6 months back, giving up easy goals in our b50 because we have no big target up forward and our backline has no solid medium sized defenders (not hb flankers who can run and kick like mc kenna and saad, marking players like gleeson/dea/guelfi)

How we could have won?

2nd qtr, put tippa/mcg BACK

What burnt us the most was absolutely 0 pressure on them in their f50, they had time and space every time the ball hit the deck, we needed one more classy small with pace who can deliver short passes

2 Likes

I said Heppell was on him, I didn’t say he did anything about it the way he should have. But we did shut him down in the second half which you seem to be ignoring completely. We lost the game in the second half, not the first.

Need to change the thread title, Finials still possible!

How about you f off

1 Like

He doesn’t though.
He’s had a hard time of it the last few games against us on Ambrose.
He’s a limited footballer, but the perfect opponent for Gunston and we missed him today badly!

1 Like

It’s not a ‘miracle that so many remain on board’ at all. That’s what supporters do.

4 Likes

Easier draw last year. On track for similar amount of wins this year. Categorically smashed in final. List additions take time to gel, sufficient evidence to support that this year.

North very good this year. Kudos to them. Melbourne well overdue, not a surprise.
Collingwood where we think we should be, yes.
Hawks/Geel, like you say.
Richmond are the benchmark right now, nothing to be beating ourselves down about.

But…
Crows down.
Swans down.
Power neither here nor there.
Saints expected to be at our level. Well down.
Bulldogs way down.

Comparisons to other teams doesn’t do much for a case against us.

We blew this year months ago, we are on the
up, potentially the top four team many thought we’d be. Losing to another top half team by less than a kick is not a disaster. This season is only a disaster if we don’t build on this recent form next year. Then I’m all with you.

5 Likes

Sticking together is what good waffles do

2 Likes

What happened when you said “here’s some brown and yellow for you” and dunked his sorry head in a filthy MCG dunny?

4 Likes

HTB rule:
180 deg, 2.5 secs for EFC
360+, 5 secs for everyone else.

ITB rule:
Well, you know…

2 Likes

The skill errors of the video ref cost us win.
A goal that wasn’t a goal awarded a goal. We would have won by a point but its a recorded 4 point win to them.

So, we’ve had the biggest loss so far this round.

No that would be the Aints.

So frustrating. Another game we get the jump early and then stop for long periods throughout. We kicked some late ones that made it look closer than it was. Zaharakis has been playing for 10 seasons now and his best game is still Anzac Day 09. Stupid selections this week we need an actual tall forward (Stewart) if you are going to bomb it in. Should drop Colyer and Goddard for kids now season is over.

Was just a poor game all round from coaches to players.

Mate go see a therapist. FFS.

1 Like

If we were totally outplayed all game I wouldn’t care the fact we had those kents on toast a few times and couldn’t go on with the job was ■■■■■■ frustrating.

Please do a WOB

2 Likes

Correct. Hadn’t seen that.