Review Thread v Adelaide goal machines

McGrath announced himself as a disposal machine.

1 Like

McGrath was fantastic tonight. Awesome to see.

9 Likes

Anyone who thinks we can win a flag in the next few years is delusional.

3 Likes

Kicked 2 goals, took some marks, tackled and presented well all night. No idea why heā€™d be picked on tonight.

4 Likes

Scoreboard does not tell the story.

We were beaten by a very good team, but they were not ten goals better. No luck, poor umpiring and Adelaide are a very good team.

You have to just love Eddie Betts.

Fark Carlton

14 Likes

Betts
is a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  gun has killed us for his whole career

2 Likes

Colyer very clean tonight

2 Likes

First half was rubbish. Second half was better. We need to fix our terrible handballs that either force a guy stationary or into trouble. Bring on Anzac Day

Allot of good players down tonight.

Hepp, Watson and Goddard got beaten up around the hall early. Goddard was the only one who stepped up outside that.

Thought McKenna was ok, Langford too. Certainly not the worst out there.

We need to be more direct when within 70. Better to hit a 1 on 1 twenty metres out than go back 40 kicking sideways.

We wanted to know how far off we were? Well 11 goals.

2 Likes

Who the ā– ā– ā– ā–  thinks we can win the flag? This is the type of extremist trolling ā– ā– ā– ā–  that makes it impossible to have a decent conversation in this joint.

5 Likes

I used to hate betts when he tore us up at Carlton. Now i admire his game. Was it the jumper?

6 Likes

Just had zero support from our more senior players tonight, unfortunately.

Jobe, Hepp and Stants had no influence, Goddard was kicking worse than Iā€™d ever seen and Kelly/Hurley/Hooker all had poor first halves when the game was on the line.

Almost half the side had only one tackle or less, which is unacceptable (especially for some of our defenders).

Plenty of positives, however.

McGrath played his best game and is clearly a class act. Iā€™m on the bandwagon.

Zerrett was outstanding, as were Colyer and Tippa (a few glaring errors aside). Zaka bounced back with a solid game, Langford showed plenty and McKenna keeps improving.

Fair to say that Iā€™m worried about how our midfield will go against the Pies on Anzac Day.

5 Likes

Yes he was. I think we saw tonight what he can do.

No trolling we wonā€™t win any flag until we replace the likes of Jobe,Goddard etc.

2 Likes

The umpiring was unbelievably badā€¦but not as bad as:
a) our lack of intensity at the contest in first half - only 16 tackles to half time;
b) the desire to handball to player with someone marking him instead of kicking it forward;
c) watching Hooker in the first half play behind and expect his teammates kick the ball 60+ metres over the top - like all of last week. Clearly he got a rocket at half time.

Make no mistake Adelaide are the best team in the comp, we played them in red hot form on at their home ground.

Weā€™re the only Victorian team that has had 2 interstate games in the first 4 rounds.

Some of our older players - Watson& Kelly in particular - should have been rested after last weekā€™s wet slog with only 6 days break.

Our best players were our younger players + Colyer - Daniher, Tippa, McGrath, Merrett (sort of).

As Iā€™ve said before and will say it again, until we can consistently win clearances and contested ball we are not going very far up the ladder this seasonā€¦especially when out tackling pressure was non-existent in the first half.

I honestly think we will be better in the second half of the season as Woosha works out who his best 22 isā€¦and Francis comes in. Ditto Laverde & possibly Myers.

10 Likes

Such a straw man argument.

ā€œI think weā€™re sh*t and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future so Iā€™m going to pretend that anyone who has the slightest positivity is delusional and thinks weā€™re the best.ā€

6 Likes

Adelaide are a flag chance, theyā€™re very farking good going forward.

Wasnā€™t as horrible as some interstate trips that weā€™ve had.

That being said, our midfield looks desperately slow with Hepps, Watson, BJ, Stants, Leuey (ruck) etc. all in there. Obviously some of those are untouchable for now, but it is a bit worrying.

Huge next few weeks against Collingwood and Melbourne. If we can right the ship, we may sneak into the finals, but if weā€™re 2-4 facing a Round 7 trip to Perth, it puts a different perspective on things.

The sky isnā€™t falling and we just happened to face a red hot top two side, but itā€™s pretty sobering after the first two weeks of the season.

1 Like

Will get absolutely spanked.

1 Like

Didnā€™t kick a bag, but Joeā€™s work up the ground was fantastic tonight.

10 Likes

Fk it, I will post now

Thoughts? Fkn terrible first half, and why ambrose never started on tex was beyond me. What a joke, tex literally did nothing once ambrose marked him and to me, it was the obvious match up from the get go?

Bags, yeah your done mate

Zaharakis was good. He worked much harder. This is exactly why heā€™s infuriating because he goes from a pretty good game to Marc Bullen in the space of a week

We are a quick side in the wrong areas. Watson and Heppell are horrendously slow. Jobe really looks way off the tempo and his disposal is poor these days. Heā€™ll never be dropped but it honestly saddened me tonight because he wonā€™t accept that. You cannot play Heppell, Watson, Goddard, Stanton, Kelly in the one side imo. They are so, so slow. Goddard is the best of that bunch and his form is good and I thought Kelly got better tonight. Stanton is just well, I donā€™t even know what his role is. Our returning players arnt giving us anything. Hurley needs a spell, that is by far the worst game Iā€™ve ever seen him play and heā€™s progressively gotten worse this year. Colyer is by far, FAR the best of the returning and hadnā€™t missed a beat. Hooker is in ordinary form, Heppell hasnā€™t looked dangerous for 3 weeks.

McGrath was really fkn good.

Mitch brown was good and guaranteed himself a Anzac Day game. I would have laughed at you if you said by Anzac Day ambrose and brown were looking our two most solid players in the back half
Please bring back Hartley. Please. It still baffles me why he has been omitted. Yeah yeah offensive stuff, but fk heā€™s a pretty handy defender

Conor is alright. Heā€™s not great but yeah, he just does things to make ya think yep, you can play. He will probably develop more in the seniors than the vfl Imo.

I fkn guarantee you there will not be many omissions next week because itā€™s Anzac Day and the returning players probably get a run at it. If it were me though, I wouldnā€™t give Stanton, bags Langford or Hurley a game. All four arnt offering much at all. Not even sure what to think against the pies because our second half was actually okay. Not great, but we competed somewhat

17 Likes