Review Thread v Adelaide goal machines

No we won’t.

Pies footskills nowhere near that of Crows and their fwd line is also not even remotely in same ballpark.

We bring that 2nd half effort we can beat Pies

2 Likes

L-O-L

2 Likes

I think it’s more than rust.
I love Jobe as much as anyone but if a veteran at another club was playing like him we would be taking pot shots at them and laughing

5 Likes

Thank you, thank you, you’ve been a lovely crowd. Good night!

1 Like

Yeah its a massive positive but also a sad indictment that I rated McGrath our best if the 1st half. No other defender looked even capable of mounting a defensive challenge let alone winning a contest & getting the ball back our way.

Collingwood are a steaming pile of sh*t but its Anzac day v Pies, you know the drill.

10 Likes

It’s all becoming a bit - “but, but, I want everything now” - in this place.

6 Likes

Top ranked players.

Good to see Zaka responded after last week.

1 Like

We will if we let Pendelbury, Teloar & Adams dominate the clearances and contested ball and Sidebottom waltz around unchecked on the outside.

2 Likes

Here’s a thought. Stick McGarth in the guts for the rest of the year. Who’s with me?

16 Likes

Agreed, on all but 2 points.

1. Langford, he plays forward and actually plays like a forward. He leeds and he kicks goals (has Green kicked one in his 2 games?)

2. Kelly, so horrendously bad in the first half I lack the words. The handball to Eddie Betts sums it up tho. Should be the #1 senior player on the chopping block.

1 Like

We had the same number of clearances as Adelaide. Just not the same quality.
Its better to play on a really good side before Anzac Day. We know how a good side plays now.

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see how long before Woosha pulls the pin on some of the under performing senior players. Credits are being used up too quickly.
He looked pretty ■■■■■■ off at times in the box.

Did no one else see them learn & advance tonight as the game went on?

10 Likes

Just like the queue at aldi full of elderly… stinks like urine

we lost but there was a ■■■■ ton of positive in that game.

Amborse, Tip, MCG, Colyer, Zaka, Brown.

Onwards to Anzac.

2 Likes

Bravo.

1 Like

Anzac day I’ll drink more beers at the Royal than goal we kick

2 Likes

Mostly true but does not apply to Trav. One of his best games in the jumper.

We really got to see where we are actually at against the best team in the comp. None of us really knew what to expect this year with all the returning players. Fact is we are a long way off which when you think about it shouldn’t be a surprise. We will get better the more these guys get to play together, but its going to take a lot of games to compete with the best sides.

Our midfield is of the main concern and its very clear now that a big part of the problem is the lack of speed in the center. Once we got the likes of Walla and fanta in the middle during the second. Things started to improve. You simply cant have to many slow blokes in there at one time. Our tackling was extremely poor in the first half, we made a very good team look like world beaters because of the lack of pressure. Again likely due to so many slow players in the middle at one time.

Our backline is actually quiet good, once we had some pressure on the ball carriers through the middle they did a great job. If it gets in there quick there is very little a defender can do.

Fwd line is good, Hooksly struggled early but got better as the game went on. JD was very good, Langford improved, Green was reasonable. Once we got the ball in there we at least scored. I think we kicked 2.8 in the 3rd.

Goddard was BOG for me tonight, but most of the returning players where pretty average with the exception of Collier who was very very good. Hurly and Hepp where just ok. Jobe and Stanton very average. The game has speed up a lot, and while they will always be great players we cant play so many slow blokes at once.

Its clear now that we cant expect to much it will be a development year. I thought all the players tried hard for four quarters and should hold there heads high. Considering what the government/ASASA/WADA/AFL have put this club through, we are doing ok.

9 Likes