Review Thread v GWS - That was hazy good

I find youtube-dl to be totally effective for ABC iView, and SBS On Demand as well. Google tells me there is a graphical front end to it, for those young ones who grew up in the GUI era :stuck_out_tongue:

Okey doke.

So do I need the Python bit, . or just go the Win Executable? Is this the whole thing, or just a script to add to something I need to already have installed, (Python thing?? )

This is the bit with GitHub I find is not explained, ā€¦ Iā€™ve d/lā€™d the script bits from their pages before, ā€¦ but they donā€™t seem to do jack, and it seems to be thereā€™s some fundamental thing you should have already to add them to, that they never seem to mentionā€¦??

PC, ā€¦ Win10.

Thanks guys! First step is to find good enough internet to download the programs :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yep.
Same thing for meā€¦but in Italian.

1 Like

Amazed how often in last quarter we went with a centre square rotation of Hep, Zaka & Raz.

And dominated.

Bellyā€™s ruck work a key factor also.

Also seems for that setup we have McGrath off a wing, Smith off the other and Zerrett and TIPPA steaming in off front of square.

Literally just Hep the one big body and everyone else quick and able to/applying that pressure.

Love it.

3 Likes

The Windows download is a standalone program. It doesnā€™t need Python.

On the other hand there are some fiddly bits to deal with:

• First, it does need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86), and will complain if it canā€™t find it. In that case, download vcredist_x86.exe from https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=5555 and just run it.

• Then it requires ffmpeg for some functions, and since I already have ffmpeg installed I canā€™t tell you if itā€™s something you will actually need. But letā€™s say, probably.

• Then you will want both youtube-dl.exe and ffmpeg.exe on the PATH.

My recipe for the above:

. Make folders C:\bin\youtube-dl\ and C:\bin\ffmpeg\
. Download youtube-dl.exe from https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html to C:\bin\youtube-dl\
. Download the Windows 32-bit version of ffmpeg (Static build) from https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ to anywhere. Itā€™s a ZIP. Extract its files so that ffmpeg.exe ends up in C:\bin\ffmpeg\bin\.
. Hit the Windows key, type PATH, choose ā€˜Edit environment variables for your accountā€™. Select either the user or system Path and click Edit. Double-click an empty line to start editing. Add both C:\bin\youtube-dl and C:\bin\ffmpeg\bin

None of this takes very long, though it might be unfamiliar. At the end of it all you will be able to run youtube-dl from any command or powershell window, or you could try googling ā€˜youtube-dl gui for windowsā€™

This thread feels like my day job.

One thing Darcy needs to remove from his commentary is the way he backs a ā€œnameā€ player to kick a goal and often gets it wrong.

ā€œKelly, the silk, the classā€¦ā€
Burgoyne,. the silk the classā€¦"

Good players, sure but someone, please give Darcy. ( or is it ā€œMoonsā€ ) a handkerchief to remove the egg.

Only problem is that itā€™s all moist from cleaning the material on their chin

1 Like

thats a pet peeve of mine tooā€¦ they lose their load as the boot leaves the ball then have to awkwardly calm themselves down as they realise the players missed the goal

darcy just needs to stop commentating for the greater good.

7 Likes

Please send Bazil with him

6 Likes

theres a rumour hes joining sunrise. might be unable to call night games.

Oh please be true

1 Like

You are honestly the last person Iā€™d have thought would be up-to-date with Sunrise rumoursā€¦

If it involves basil no longer gracing my tv, iā€™m across it.

4 Likes

A-farking-men to thatā€¦
Can he take about half-a-dozen others with him?

Iā€™d be happy to just have Richo and BT chuckling at each others dumb jokes.

Bruce also needs to retire. He is a parody of himself these days, a mere shadow of what he used to be. He can hardly make a simple statement these days, without adding a tag question on the end, can he?

8 Likes

Can he?

7 Likes