Review thread v richmond @ dreamtime 2021

Not really. They have had more than a few games this season where you thought that perhaps their reign of terror was coming to an end.

Then they do that and you’re reminded that they’re still a good side.

2 Likes

Was Phillips injured? Why did Cox ruck so much. When is Draper back?

1 Like

My only guess is that the ump let it slide because it was especially noisey. Maybe that’s reasonable. Maybe it isn’t. Not sure.

But what’s certain is that we’d never be afforded that courtesy.

1 Like

Except they forgot to edit out the bit where the camera crew shot the waterbuck with a tranquilliser dart.

Smashed my phone screen (not just the glass). Dirty night in the end.

3 Likes

Well said

McGrath injury hurt

4 Likes

eh, never expected to win

was nice to rally a bit and take the lead. pre-'21 essendon wasn’t capable of that.

week off is what the boys need right now. come out of that and murder hawthorn.

5 Likes

Enough of some of these senior blokes. Play the kids from now on

3 Likes

Wow. So we can lead Richmond half way through the last term with just 5 minutes of footy? We must be good.

9 Likes

How? Mistakes don’t mean giving up. They are the reigning premiers, obviously much better then us.

Our expectations have risen throughout the season.

I ain’t disappointed in the boys.

5 Likes

■■■■ you’re a negative c see u in the NT. Why don’t you just ■■■■ off if you haven’t anything constructive to contribute

17 Likes

Did well to come back after a shocking first qtr but really Richmond were much better throughout the night outside our surge early in the 4th

Quite a few goals were conceded with simple errors or turnovers up the field which then resulted in it being kicked straight over our heads

Bye might’ve come at the right time. A few of the boys looked cooked at the end of tonight

It’s embarrassing that we gave up, when we realised we couldn’t win.

I still think we would have over run them, if Tippa and Zaharakis didn’t go down.

/thread

The bye can’t come soon enough.

1 Like

Gutted after that. To play so well early in that last term and hit the front, to fall away and lose like that is disappointing and unacceptable. There can’t be back-slapping after such a capitulation. It did take the Tigers to produce some of their best footy to get us in the end, but from us to have the game in the palm of our hand and ■■■■ it down the drain. We still concede too many runs of 5+ goals. I’m glad we have the week rest, the young boys are due a spell. Not sure if we will be allowed to get back to Melbourne or not or what we will do, but rest up for the Hawks in 2 weeks time. We owe those ■■■■■.

1 Like

Missed tackles, not manning up, rushing kicks, missing ■■■■■■■ straight in front.

2 Likes

Those last 15 minutes we like a covid case gotten loose in Melbourne.

Before that it was what we hoped to see, and in fact even better than expected when we got the lead in the 4th qtr.

Doing what we did against the reigning premiers was a big achievement.

There is a lot to like about how the team fought to stay in the game.

We did it rough, really rough, and it was not on our terms - not by a long way. But somehow we managed to stay in touch and even get the lead. And we did it losing McGrath very early.

What we achieved tonight is a massive positive and would give players and coaches a lot of heart and confidence that they are on the right track. That things are working and improving.

24 Likes

If you can’t see positives out of that match then there genuinely is no hope for you.

23 Likes