Review thread v richmond @ dreamtime 2021

Same sh-t different year

Just take Dreamtime off us and save us the embarrassment

1 Like

Incorrect. We fought it out till the end. Just because the better team kicks goals doesn’t mean you have given up.

1 Like

■■■■ start and terrible finish, other than that we were good. Will get better with experience.

2 Likes

hey, that’s my line, get your own :rofl:

But agree.
mistake after mistake after mistake,
run on of goals still an issue.
end to end goals still an issue.
lack of composure still an issue.

injuries, oh the injuries, yeah the injuries count this week cos it justifies the loss to some, what about the injuries last week ? oh no they don’t count cos “we are essendon, we are essendon”.

same ■■■■, different year, just looks a lil bit better cos the kids look a lil bit classier.

For a side that has a focus on “blue collar” attitude, the opposition sure as ■■■■ work the ball down the ground with so much ease and space, but hey, stats on a stats sheet say we are awesome at it, so um yay.

Can someone merge the 2 review threads

Exactly, Richmond better in the contest and that’s what got the ball rolling their way. Then they piled em
on.

Who was the guy who put money on cox to win the rising star? And how much was it?

Let’s hope a few papers were stamped tonight. In a high pressure game, senior blokes were found wanting.

I mean Zaka was injured, but save for maybe a five minute patch in the third, he was no good. It would suck to go out on an injury, but lets hope that we dont seen him play again.

Stewart as a defender is just not good enough. I’d rather play Zerk. I’d rather play Zach Reid too.

Ambrose is just not good enough either.

2 glaring stats the really hurt us tonight…

Contested marks 7-12 their way.
Especially early this halted a lot of momentum we had. We did address this as the game went on but disappointing we let this happen early.

Tackles inside 50- 10-2 their way.
Overall tackles were even but we didnt apply enough pressure forward of centre. We actually won the inside 50 count by 1 but if we didnt score we just couldn’t keep the ball in there. Disappointing how many times they were able to transition with very little pressure.

1 Like

Still finishing in the 8 after the loss

Richmond sang their song like they just won a practice match. They don’t respect us.

2 Likes

Probably the most unconvincing 40 point win I’ve ever seen. Wow

2 Likes

We gave up at the end. Don’t sugar-coated it. That was utterly embarrassing.

6 Likes

The AFL reckon the dirty umps are not told to go hard on certain frees and easy on other ones😂 during the week. Absolute fkn joke. The holding the ball free was thrown out the window tonight. No integrity.

9 Likes

Zazkka and ambrose are just not up to it. Boys tried hard but spend too much petrol getting in front

5 Likes

nor should they.

Log.

That’s 9th :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Missed a shot at goal that would’ve made it 8 points.
Game over.
Wtf is holding the ball?
Of course, Merrett gets pinged at the end. After probably a dozen Richmond carnts should’ve but didn’t .

3 Likes

I’ll be delighted if we can recover from that game ok. Seemed like everyone had a niggle of some sort.

We will take a lot from that game. Except for the 4 points unfortunately.

1 Like

I’ll tell you what really ■■■■■■ me off, almost more than anything, the absolute last piece of play.

The jumper hold on Jones was as big as you’ll ever see. Did the ump even consider paying it? No.

Probably the same ump who paid the hold against Stewart for a tiny jumper tangle earlier in the match.

5 Likes