Review thread v shitemond

Is it just me or should Dustin Martins don't argue to the face of Heppel be something for the MRP? Was watching the telly and they even replayed it in slow mo as the ump got hit at the same time

I thought so. And the commentary team didn't even mention it.

It should have been a free kick, because it looked like it got Hep high. But nothing else. Given the umpire was knocked off balanced in the same contest it was a bit hard for him to adjudicate.

Is it just me or should Dustin Martins don't argue to the face of Heppel be something for the MRP? Was watching the telly and they even replayed it in slow mo as the ump got hit at the same time

I liked BT's call on that chop of the arms. Watching the replay, no where near chopping the arms and he goes 'yep that's there'.

Can i just watch the highlights (with volume) and press conference before i go to sleep?

Seriously i'm really tired.

Shitemond indeed. We should have won by 150 points. 

Watching Carlton lose to the bottom team, then watching us toy with a pathetic Richmond, is a pretty good day of footy.

And at some point, people are going to start noticing that Goddard is just about in career-best form.  

Right Paul, Better than Goodard was a very very good pick up.  He is extremely good at picking the best option,  to direct play off half back,   and has very accurate passing ability.   Hes classed as a "utility " player .  The only thing he doesnt do well is the in and under.    I get the feeling Bomber has been trying to add this dimension to more players who tend to like to be the spreaders .    You just cant expect Jobe to keep up that role for ever !  .  Myers  played well in the first half but seemed to drop off in the second half .    Maybe his opponent got instructions to tag him, because I think he had 20 possessions at half time.

Umpires were good.

Amazing what happens when you don't recognise their names.

BT - “he got him high below the knees”

I have had goldfish more intelligent than him.

Oh, and props to Fox for the Red for Kev option.

You know, to compensate for the BT/Richo Essendon bias.

I’m liking Paddy Ambrose. Gets to contests and goes hard. Did a few smart things with his 15 possessions too. I know he’s not quite there yet but can play forward and we should persist with him.

Umpires where great i felt.  

I have hated the umpiring so far most games this year that i have seen, even when winning.  

But there was not a single 50m penalty, and there was plenty of oppurtunitys to  employ them too based on what they (umpires) had been imposing this season.

Free kicks which where mild where over looked, ie: incidental high tackles. 

And they didnt penalise if you didnt act like an APE trying to get a ball out you could not... (actully i think there was one for richmond which was a tad unfair)

Otherwise very good.

They were a bit soft on players advancing well over the mark compared with other games where you step over it and its 50      Other wise umpiring  was OK.

Richmond fans better get their microwaves up and running

They did actually. Check the replay.

BT - "he got him high below the knees"
I have had goldfish more intelligent than him.

No you haven't.

Some random comments:

• Hocking went in head over the ball … No case whatsoever to answer
  • David Myers is now a real quality mid
  • my son and his mate wanted to go “watch the Grog Squad” in the 4th quarter … you guys are now a tourist attraction :slight_smile:
  • sat most of the game in the top deck of the MCC members. An Essendon chant started up and I looked over to see who was leading it …who else but our very own David J Richardson. Brought a big smile to my face.

Seriously, if that Hocking incident doesn't get treated exactly the same as the Hannebery one it'll be a massive joke by a massive bunch of flogs

Dear

Caro, Patrick Smith, John Ralph, KB, every other Richmond flog supporter I want you to do one thing for me

giphy.gif

I'll confess that I thought Benny howlett was finished but 5 goals. When was the last time an essendon player snagged 5??? Was trying to keep up with scores from koh samui but tablets and Thai WiFi do not work well, after a bit of manipulation got the SEN coverage which was OK. By then the game was over. We keep in touch!!

No TV in your room ?
Tony Abbott got rid of the Australia network. No footy for expats. Thanks the libs.

We basically just toyed with them for 4 qtrs. We never let them gain any momentum. Each time they scored we answered immediately.

Very pleased with the result.

Dons belt tiges. Carltank loses to brisbane.
A good weekend.

Just need Freo and NM to go down and it will be perfect.

Wish Melskahm lifted his second efforts. Loved Zerrett and how after he got cleaned up by Chaplin, came back and laid the tackle on Cotchin to get a free. I think #27 will be on my guernsey now!

I'm not sure who was a bigger steaming pile of cow dung we've embarrassed this year out of richmond and carlton. Yes they were that bad tonight.

Fark we came to play tonight, the intensity and deperation was 100x more than the saints, bris and bulldogs games.

Hurley's a better forward than Ambrose, if you want an instant improvement next week there it is. I did like Ambrose pressure acts tonight though.

Howlett was alot more ruthless tonight, the weeks off was the rocket up the ■■■ he needed.