Review thread v shitemond

Hocking did far less than hannebry did and there was far less damage. Tiger player was just playing for the free kick.

They both got to the pill at the same time and clashed heads. Free kick.

Dons belt tiges. Carltank loses to brisbane.

A good weekend.

Hardwick could have given a scarecrow a game ahead of Hampson.

Hocking did far less than hannebry did and there was far less damage. Tiger player was just playing for the free kick.

They both got to the pill at the same time and clashed heads. Free kick.
Spot on.

Great game by the boys tonight. It was a really united group out there and it looked vocal and supportive.

Probably the best balanced we've looked all season. Looked like our defence was in order, the midfield was providing the leads and the forwards were getting their leads honoured but putting so much pressure on Richmond when they had the ball.

Huge kudos to Howlett tonight. Interesting how Bomba said they took him out for a couple of weeks to intensify his training to bring him back hungrier again.

Ryder is seriously good. The rest of the comp can go on and on about Nit Nat but keep an eye out on replays how many times he kept hitting the ball to our advantage. Tackle at the end of the 2nd quarter was huge as well. Good to see the boys also get to him for the effort.

Big question now is can we back it up. We don't need a 100 point win over GWS. We need this level of consistency and making sure we are following the game plan.

#FinalsContenders

Interesting decisions coming up. Most of last year Hird/Bomber were relucant to go too tall up forward and seemed to prefer one tall forward and a forward ruck and sometimes it was Hurls and Crameri, neither of whom are tall, and the ruck. Bellcho, JD and Jake is a very tall forward set up. Probably too tall?

I've no idea what Bomber will do when all are available but I do think we need 2 genuine rucks. Thursday team selection was an indication that Bomber's not keen on going too tall.

I’ll confess that I thought Benny howlett was finished but 5 goals. When was the last time an essendon player snagged 5??? Was trying to keep up with scores from koh samui but tablets and Thai WiFi do not work well, after a bit of manipulation got the SEN coverage which was OK. By then the game was over. We keep in touch!!

Bomber did the old go to hand shake, too slow, slick the hair back gag on one of the maggots pre game. Gold

Shitemond indeed. We should have won by 150 points. 

Watching Carlton lose to the bottom team, then watching us toy with a pathetic Richmond, is a pretty good day of footy.

And at some point, people are going to start noticing that Goddard is just about in career-best form.  

I ■■■■■■ loved that, but we should’ve won by more. Anyone else reckon it was a carbon copy of dreamtime last year, the way we choked them?

I tipped Richmond. Shame me, blitz.

8750876.gif

Is it just me or should Dustin Martins don’t argue to the face of Heppel be something for the MRP? Was watching the telly and they even replayed it in slow mo as the ump got hit at the same time

Is it just me or should Dustin Martins don't argue to the face of Heppel be something for the MRP? Was watching the telly and they even replayed it in slow mo as the ump got hit at the same time

I thought so. And the commentary team didn't even mention it.

What’s all this we should’ve won by more sillyness? Our last win was by 8 points and then we lost by 50. I’ll take the 50 point win, thanks.

I'll confess that I thought Benny howlett was finished but 5 goals. When was the last time an essendon player snagged 5??? Was trying to keep up with scores from koh samui but tablets and Thai WiFi do not work well, after a bit of manipulation got the SEN coverage which was OK. By then the game was over. We keep in touch!!

No TV in your room ?

Bomber did the old go to hand shake, too slow, slick the hair back gag on one of the maggots pre game. Gold

Disrespectful to the umpires. Sack him please.

Hardwick could have given a scarecrow a game ahead of Hampson.

He was better than Griffiths and Jack -
He's just not a forward ( demonstrated by his Carlton career and also when they've played a second ruck alongside him).
They went in way, way too tall and I've no doubt that they'll drop him, but he's far from the worst of their issues.

solid win.  Nice to see us turning up to play for more than 1 quarter.  Step in the right direction.  Confident the long gaps between goals will keep getting shorter as the season progresses.    

Many positives.  Jobe getting back to elite form, Chappy adding plenty, Zach Merrett impressive, Ambrose is a competitive beast, Heppell's 'well held' still equals 21 possies, 7 clearances and a goal, a top-flight backline, a very promising KPF, Demps and Hibbo getting cruizin' again, Paddy is becoming Mr Consistent, Fletch lives for ever, BJ doing his thing, and some no-name second-string vfl player came up and BOG'd.

Is it just me or should Dustin Martins don't argue to the face of Heppel be something for the MRP? Was watching the telly and they even replayed it in slow mo as the ump got hit at the same time

I thought so. And the commentary team didn't even mention it.

And you are surprised by this??

I tipped Richmond. Shame me, blitz.

8750876.gif

I was dropped on my head into a pool of awesome and glitter.