Review thread v Shockers

Meh lik2 i figured theyve pretty much given up on the season.
The inly concerning thing from now is , how much is it just a one off seqdon , and how mu ch of this becomes bad habits that flow onto next year.

That being said i still think it is bad to be clapping this team off the ground after a narrow loss to north, it conditions them that its ok to start poorly and produce putrid football in the first half , or periods of games in general, as long as they xome back , unfortunately this year its not a high likelyhood of happening.

Meh ■■■■ this season , might as well shut up shop now and not bother fielding a team for thw rest of the year, can only continue to do more harm than good.

Am I the only one to see the hypocrisy of the Freo supporters?

As they were cheering Crowley off I was thinking… I wonder what sort of reception Jobe will get there next year.

Watching Gwilt kills me, He so bad!

Watching Gwilt kills me, He so bad!
I heard and then watched the last five minutes, for obvious reasons. Literally the only other bit I’ve seen so far as I wandered past a telly was him doing an über-Ashby in the first quarter.

After each ugly big loss…at least were a chance to get another player signed.

Passive/Aggresive…

Had every right to lose by 100+ but didn’t give up. Effort across the board in the last quarter was pleasing.

Apart than that, we’re simply undermanned.

Worsfold, meanwhile, conceded his side looked “below AFL standard” against the Dockers as it sunk to the bottom of the ladder.

He said the inexperienced Bombers were “off” in their skill and decision making, adding the effort showed the first signs of “a little bit of wear and tear” in his troops.

“They’ve been enormous so far, and that’s the first game where they just couldn’t dig deep and find anything,” Worsfold said.

“They still did it in the last quarter, they still came out fighting in the last quarter which was great.

“But we were miles off it for the other parts of the game.”

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, who’s played all 11 games so far this season, looks set to be rested in the coming weeks.

The Tiwi Islander’s rest may come in the form of a suspension after his high bump on Chris Mayne in the opening term, lifting off the ground to get the Dockers forward in the jaw.

“McDonald-Tipungwuti is one that we really know has had a massive workload this year,” Worsfold said.

“We’re rapt with the way he keeps stepping up, but we’re going to have to rest him at some stage for sure.”

… At least John called it as it was…

"they just couldn’t dig deep and find anything,” Worsfold said.

Well, we dropped Kelly because we’re tanking, and ended up proving that Freo have been.

Ambrozi must have really been ■■■■■■■■ him to bring this about …

http://s33.postimg.org/u1ayggejz/image.gif

In slo mo, you can actually see Pav’s forearm shoot upward off Paddys arm as they meet.

Looks like it was unintentional to go the face. Will he get weeks??

Fine probably.

Tricky Shredz, X 2 … The bounce pass, & the no hands drop kick.

http://s33.postimg.org/bgpeci9tb/image.gif

http://s33.postimg.org/xmu6an60f/image.gif

Gwilt is a turnover machine

Two virgins lose their cherries & slot one each.

http://s33.postimg.org/vouar079r/image.gif

http://s33.postimg.org/q1xxtj4r3/image.gif

I can’t believe people are complaining about the players not getting around Tippa and Hams after their goals. Celebrating a goal when you are 90 points down makes you look like flogs

I can't believe people are complaining about the players not getting around Tippa and Hams after their goals. Celebrating a goal when you are 90 points down makes you look like flogs

Probably an indication of the type of football players blitzers would be in real life.

Gwilt is a turnover machine

He and Crowely going toe to toe for title of turn over King.

Most disappointing thing for me was no one got around Tippa or Hams when they kicked their first goals for the club.

tbf it was late in the game also it’s very hard to generate excitement when the team is getting flogged all night.

Save it for the first in Melbourne.

I thought WHAMS looked very composed, TIPPA tried hard and I really thought that SHREDWARDS had a go. I like him more at half forward than down back. The boys looked tired…

Other posters have summarised things pretty well.

Looking forward to LAV and Francis coming into the team.

Perhaps it’s worth putting one of our man mountains at FF for a bit of a change (maybe Michael?) to take some pressure of JOEDAN…we now seem to have some crumbers…

We missed a heap of gettable set shots - BJ, The Langford, Joey, Razz, Cooney and a coupla others which would have reduced the loss to 7 or 8 goals, which is bizarre because in general play it looked like a 200 point belting. We just looked terrible, with a few honourable exceptions, most notably Leuie. Even the fact that we only lost by 79 points seems surprising, I was sure we were headed for a 100+ loss, so credit to Will and Walla for those late goals.

Respect to Crowls for not smiling and waving to the Freo crowd when they (graciously) cheered him off. Must’ve been tempting but would’ve been poor form under the circumstances.

Fk me Freo played well. I know you only play as well as the other team lets you, but they just couldn’t miss targets, whether in general play or shooting at goal. And some of the free kicks were baffling - but that’s what a home crowd can do. And then our runner gives away a free when Walla’s streaming toward goal bouncing the ball. Our runner. I mean, WTAF?