Review Thread vs Roos. Little of Essington Little of Essendon

Even if it was more of a Live reaction video with a webcam capturing the reactions and play the audio of the game in the background and not commentary as such. Surely that would be ok.

Would need to be an interstate game so that would add to the fun

Gleeson just started to go off his line, but the rule is that the ump has to call ā€œplay onā€ before he can be tackled. That could not have happened as the tackle was way too quick so should have been 50.

1 Like

Live reactionā€™s with myself, @Stallion and @dingus would be a YouTube sensation.

@westozziebomber on eagles games would get YouTube closed down

2 Likes

Diggers will be covering Sydney games on LIVE JASMIN for anyone interested.

10 Likes

This guy:

http://cargocollective.com/alternativerugbycommentary

Canā€™t find any links to commentary or even if heā€™s still going, but he was a cracker.

1 Like

Mehā€¦ ā€œrulesā€ā€¦ pffft.

Iā€™d be keen on looking in to this but am quite the Luddite when it comes to the world of streaming. Does mIRc have audio? Perhaps if @benfti or @Riolio were willing to give some quick general advice we could researchā€¦

This should be a poll.

Periscope?

Harsh on Myers. I think he had an impact with some important clearances. Agree with you re colyer. Laverde was non existent apart from one good tackle. He should be dropped. Green in (if fit).

Dreamed for 5 years that we could kick 20 goals in a game - And a game where we played average,

6 Likes

I left Saturdayā€™s game as if we had lost. The only positive to be taken from the game is the 4 points.

This had the Brisbane gameā€™s fingerprints all over it until the final quarter. And if Daw hadnā€™t tired and Hooker was matched against Tarrant instead of a rookie it may have been the Brisbane game repeated.

We played a bottom side playing 7 rookies and - to my eyes - willingly got dragged down to their level.

Do coaches - from ANY club - register that they have individual dominance over an opposition and change their ā€˜structureā€™ to capitalise on it?

Well, we donā€™t. We have Daniher and Hooker as forward aerialists and Fantasia and Tippa as small forwards - all capable of beating opponents one-on-one - but at centre bounces we repeatedly gave up this advantage by lining up 4 forwards up the centre of the ground more than 30 metres from goal against at least 5 defenders ie. we played an extra defender against the 17th side introducing kids!

We repeatedly get stuck in our defensive 50 with everyone behind the centre and we have no kick-in strategy.

We have a talented list that I believe is being thwarted by a misguided, follow-the-leader game plan.

Imagine playing our 6 forwards set up like the '80s or 90ā€™s. Unfortunately it wonā€™t happen so I think this season will come to nothing because we donā€™t play 2017 footy as well as other sides.

2 Likes

It is not the 1980s or 1990s and if you play that sort of football you will get killed from stoppages and turn-overs.

Kangas may have had a young team playing but they were full of endeavour, marked the ball very well and kicked effectively also. A free kick count of 5-14 in the first half didnā€™t help. Daw played well in the ruck and gave first use many times, Ben Brown is a very under-rated player and had a day out and Waite always seems to save something special for playing against us.

The set- ups that Woosha and Co used have worked well in many games this year, and putting that extra small fast player behind the ball have given us many breaks up the middle countless times, unlike others I feel that the Coaching group are creative and the work in the mid-field has improved every game.

Bombers did not execute a perfect game, lacked the number of inside 50ā€™s of other games, but still kicked over 20 goals with a high conversion rate. With a bit of luck and some better kicking were would have kicked 26 goals.

Unlike the Brisbane, Melbourne and even Carlton games, our poor play did not make the Kangas look good, they did it themselves with a good possession game outlined by the high disposals they had, but we structured up well and kept them from scoring. Without Brown and to a lesser extent Waite they had no forward line, and Hurley had a shocker which will not happen again this year.

Bombers are a work in progress, have a powerful forward line, improving mid-field and an attacking backline. They need more consistent pressures over the whole game, and improved disposal, which is coming. If they make finals, they could on their day beat any team and I am very optimistic about the future.

This season is about the most even, I can remember and given where we came from, with a bit of luck and wins against Sydney and Brisbane, which were possible we would be top four and a real contender. I was happy with our win, and while I am never confident of the next game, we are the real deal for the first time in 16 years. And even in those great teams around the 2000 season, we never had the talent in the reserves as we do now. Prepare to be frustrated, but this is a team moving forward.

7 Likes

Ive dreamt for many years that Kate Beckinsalesā€™ ā€œSeleneā€ would be my romantic partner.

Seemingly impossible, but your dream coming true gives me hope.

7 Likes

Coach votes (swap Brown and HepD as wished)

9 Zach Merrett (Ess) = 5+4
7 Ben Brown (NM) = 5+2
7 Dyson Heppell (Ess) = 4+3
4 Cale Hooker (Ess) = 3+1
3 Jarrad Waite (NM) = 2+1

Sydney.

Their first chance to show they have learnt something, apart from the two other wins in between you mean. Or donā€™t they count?