Review Thread vs Roos. Little of Essington Little of Essendon

" some ■■■■ grabs the ■■■■■■■ ball and kicks it to another ■■■■ "

2 Likes

lol the moment we kicked away to more than a goal up in the third

WEIRD FREE KICK IN CENTRE

EVEN WEIRDER 50 METRE PENALTY

CHEATING ■■■■■■■ PIECE OF ■■■■ ASDK;LJSADKLG;JSDAF;KLJSD;FKLDSAJFDSA ■■■■■■■■.

1 Like

If you go by the way the players and coaches proclaim they want to play, then saturday should be a fail for them on that premise.
If you remove the win or loss aspect of judging it, and you base it solely on how they want to play, as Green said before the game the “essendon” way.

I know i judge things different to pretty much everyone, but I just don’t see how saturday is a positive (other than the win).
I got flamed for the anzac for doing the exact same thing, because short cutting a win doesn’t ultimately improve the team as whole.

So far there’s been probably 5 or 6 games (carlton, anzac day, melbourne, richmond, brissy and now north) that have followed the same pattern and blueprint that produces “essington” performances.
the 2 wins it’s gotten them were against a team who out essington’d essendon, as that was a horrible skilled game, and a club who knew they had to “rest” key senior players cos they knew they would be a chance to win, which doesn’t serve them any good in their present predicament.

Again i I just don’t see how half arsing it or short cutting is a positive thing, all it is doing is ingrainging bad habits of old eras, into the new generation. and we know what has happened in our recent history cos of it.
The worst part is it was only 3 weeks ago they lost to brissy. this was their first chance to show they have learnt something from that disaster. and what do they do ?
God robert shaws pre game stuff he does for the website went over it perfectly, even using the exact quote he used for the brisbane game, something along the lines of " take brisbane seriously or else you will lose the game".

they just aren’t learning. for a team that hasn’t achieved anything remotely classed as successful, they enjoy getting ahead of themelves believing they pretty much just have to turn up to a game for a win.

1 Like

The free kick in the middle was there, the fifty is a rubbish rule, but technically it was correct too.

Hartley definitely held Brown after that.

Gleeson stiff not to get fifty beforehand, but he probably did go of his line.

We were certainly getting an inexcusably bad run before that, but those three were there and two of them we flat out shouldn’t have done.

Without those acts of ill discipline we win by 7 goals.

^^^What have you got to say about JD’s “touched” mark?

Hey no need for the profanity!

6 Likes

[quote=“Wanderlust, post:363, topic:11005”]
north
[/quote]Wallace for me, like finger nails down a blackboard…straight off, don’t give a ■■■ what he is talking about.

5 Likes

Cameron Ling is the one that irks me. I can’t work out if he deliberately annoys or its his nature.

1 Like

Paddy Dangerfield’s eyes look like two raisins on a dinner plate.

2 Likes

Happy to commentate hawthorn games

3 Likes

Fixed.

3 Likes

Same thing happened to cricket commentators. 1 commentator + 1 special comments was good, channel 9 decided they needed to double it. End result is they spend twice as long talking about things that aren’t the game.

3 Likes

Annnnnnd I coooooome aliiiiiive

2 Likes

At that stage of the game (half way through the first and pretty much all the second) all our fwds where playing in the backline they pushed up into no mans land either a kick and a half or half a kick away. When we finally got the ball out of there backline. The only bloke who got back to our fwd line quick enough was Tippa, the man on him, and the kangas loose player in defense. North worked way harder then us.

1 Like

the Gleeson one was a joke, we get done if our players make any movement before the umpire calls play on & in this case Waite clearly crosses the mark to tackle the very second Gleeson moves the 3 millimetres off his line & the umpire calls play on at the same time as the tackle. Kicking backwards doesn’t negate the fact that you have to come off the line, the umpire has to call play on & only then can the player go over the mark to tackle. Another example was the JD smother I think it was in the second qtr. Yes he ran around off his mark but again Thompson was already allowed to run over the mark before the umpire had called play on.

1 Like

Essendon aren’t isolated in ‘not showing up’ to games they should win in a canter. Geelong do it, GWS do it and they are both further along the learning curve as teams than we currently are. If we do the same in 2018/19 then I’m a bit more concerned.

1 Like

Hindsight is a wonderful thing…but… given Waite and Brown have this weird knack of playing well against us, did we take a big risk not taking an extra tall defender in allowing Hurley to remain the intercept marker. Maybe we don’t have one at the moment due to injuries but horses for courses - couldn’t Kelly have been rested. I worry (too much) about our back line against tall forwards.

Tell you what I would legit consider doing some form of blitz commentary as a one of special thing

The AFL probably has some stupid rule that would make it impossible to do live or even at all.

I’m in.

There used to be a guy that did it with Allbkacjs games and it was ■■■■■■■ hilarious.

4 Likes