Review v giants - 2021, round something

showed plenty. its a testament to the kids that they fight back when we look gone

as I’ve said all year, this will be a up and down ride (even in games, like today)

we are on the right track. result sucks, but we’re building very nicely

84 Likes

Two absolutely insipid 10min patches cost us the game in the end. Great to see us fight it out at least, you can’t knock the effort especially from the younger brigade.

Ham, Snelling, Stewart OUT
Langford FORWARD

3 Likes

Very hard loss.

Still incredibly proud of them.

Especially the kids.

10 Likes

They never stopped believing.

3 Likes

Amount of easy marks they took after we had time to setup is still a gigantic worry

Teams still kick through our zone with ease

4 Likes

From the moment the Caldwell news came through, it was always gonna be a frustrating day.

Stop teasing bombers, and ■■■■■■ win.

2 Likes

Thought we were gonna get done by 10 goals going into the game and at quarter time, but fought it out all day.

4 Likes

Heretier Jones will be one of the best forwards in the game. he’s a genuine talent

15 Likes

I swear Snelling is going to have to have a 60 possession game and kick 8 for people to realise he’s actually pretty good.

68 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better.

A read of the “Gameday” thread when it was 38-8 in the first quarter will put this performance into perspective.

So much to like. Hurts losing like that, but we are on such an uphill path. We win those games in the next couple of years.

Apart from a 15 minute lapse in the first quarter, cannot fault the players at all. Not losing me as an admirer after that performance.

8 Likes

I was impressed with our ability to wrestle back momentum on multiple occasions. That game was ours for the taking, with time we will

6 Likes

Defence is absolutely atrocious, that’s why we lost at the end of the day.
Again good performances from young players, which we haven’t had for years. We’re not folding like deck chairs.
Umpire can go jam that bridge up his ■■■■, but it’s not the main reason we lost. Still fark the AFL, it’s borderline match fixing up there for tv ratings. The match Geelong last week played was evident of that.

6 Likes

We’ve got a good bunch

2 Likes

Alot to digest after that.
Played fairly poorly for large portions and onlyjust lost after flying up this morning and playing a more mature team. Causes a lot of “what ifs” to be asked.

However I reckon looking forward from here, another 20 or so games into these kids and we will have more composure and start winning some of these closer games.

I’m mildly frustrated but proud of most of the effort.

1 Like

Once again a absolutely insipid 5-10 minute burst cost us a game. We give up too many goals in quick succession far too often and that comes down to having weak on field leaders who have no want or desire to close it down and allow us to regroup

9 Likes

Losing Stringer early in the 2nd hurts in a 2 point game. Even though Guelfi was good when he came on.

I thought we did quite well in the contest against some bigger bodies. Unfortunately, our skill level going inside 50 is still too often terrible.

Positives: our kids look really, really good.

4 Likes

To come back from 30 points down twice and nearly win shows a lot of character, thats a massive positive. We would’ve caved in with that eagles jerk but they’re giving everything now.

9 Likes

We are basically having the season that the Lions did in 2018.

In nearly every game, showing some promising signs for the supporters to hang their hats on but just not winning many. At least come draft time we will have a higher 1st pick than we may otherwise have had.

38 Likes

What a pity the umpires didnt give Chooker the chance to win the game. Would’ve been the all time best celebration anywhere in the world.

Our turnovers were hard on us today but we need to keep going for them. We excel the most when they come off.

8 Likes

PLAY ON

2 Likes