Review v giants - 2021, round something

How good was it to finally see Archie kick his first goal!

52 Likes

Parish kick goes 5 cm to the right we probably would have run over them

Game played in Melbourne with proper umpiring, probably would have been 5 goals up

Drop Langford weeks ago, probably would have rolled them

2 Likes

3: Parish
2: Phillips
1: Francis

This league is bloody corrupt.

5 Likes

Building at the moment. To come from behind numerous times against a good opponent was a good effort. All I can say is I love the kids and we are on the right track

4 Likes

Hard loss to take, but a couple things of the top of my head

Ham should be dropped
Heppell should play midfield, he is not a half back
Stewart is not a defender
Defence needs to be sorted
There’s a lot more but just to Amber to remember

2 Likes

We unfortunately just have some diabolical kicks of the footy, especially through our midfield group, that kills our defensive group on turnovers.

3 Likes

We lack a medium defender / tackler in the backline

As well as a tall spoiler in the backline too, someone who every high ball goes straight to spoil it

Yeah nah

Breaks ya heart but we’ve seen this sort of thing before with teams getting ready to be good. A season or two beforehand they lose alot by a couple of points. Another year of development and such and they start winning those games.

I hope we’re one of those teams that can do that too.

4 Likes

Redman back to his best is a positive

44 Likes

Spirit’s good.

Skills are not. They are deplorable. It’s like fkn groundhog day.

Stewart experiment is a horrible failure.

1 Like

Took us a while to get going.

Some of our kids have hardly played footy for 2 years.

Zac to stay, more experience and a couple of good draft picks away from top 8

2 Likes

Guelfi says hi

Twice let them kick a run of goals, in the first term (6 in a row), then when we kicked the first of the 3rd they kicked the next 4 and got out to 5 goals in front. Just have to stop those lapses, both times those run of goals happened in quick time.

But, I can’t fault the fact that we are having a real dip, the 3rd loss by under a goal and with more luck we’d have another win or 2 in the bank. The footy is exciting, it’s just those little things that are costing us at the minute. By the end of the season I’d like for us to take down a big scalp for the confidence of the players. I’m very happy with that I’m seeing out of Cox, Perkins, Jones. It’s a welcome sight!

8 Likes

If Stringer is out for 3-5 weeks, and Hooker cannot contribute, I don’t think we will win another game until the bye round.

Even against Fremantle & North it will be very hard to score.

Our mistakes were worse than the umpires.
Can’t blame umpires when blokes getting paid half a mill a year can’t hit a 25m pass under zero pressure

24 Likes

cox, jones, perkins excluded ( and phillips excluded for todays efforts)
the rest are a bunch of dumb footballers with poor decision making and lack fundamnetal skills of the game.

and people will excuse it cos they got a close loss, peak essington supporter mentality.

Development and high draft pick engaged

3 Likes

frustrating as all hell to not get over the line, but let’s face it we’d all written this one off at 1/4 time. fighting back into it several time is an essendon we are not used to.

loved perkins getting the monkey off the back. will bag another 20 for the season i reckon.

guelfi smash.

amt lifted efforts in the 2nd half. need more of that from him to make oppo half backs sht themselves more often.

phillips great. hind great. lav mostly great.

sorry langford but 2 late goals doesn’t cover up a woeful game. give zaka his spot next week. can’t be ok with those performances from senior players.

7 Likes