Review v giants - 2021, round something

That’s ok in terms of finishing lower and getting better draft picks. The only game I will absolutely not cop losing is against Norf. Maybe against Hawthorn as well.

1 Like

Got to hand it to the lads.

We’ve turned being robbed in Sydney into an art form.

14 Likes

Terrible first quarter, two Giants goals to terrible bounces…Hooker not paid the mark etc…kept on coming when it looked over 3 times. Lots to like, lots to work on

I’d keep Langford and bring in Zacka for Ham

8 Likes

Absolutely, The Ham is off.

4 Likes

You can’t grab hold of a forwards jumper in the goal square.

But you can spoil a forwards head, and chop his arms.

4 Likes

Good effort considering the age of the group, the travel arrangements for an away game. I’m happy. The loss sucks but you can’t ask for much more from a rebuilding team

2 Likes

we just make it so so hard for ourselves. it feels like we earn every one of our goals by either fighting for them or executing perfectly.

but then we cough up easy easy goals the other way by making stupid unforced errors. and it’s senior players making those errors. it does wear pretty thin.

hooker and wright as a pair are just too slow and too easily held off the drop of the ball because they are never ever on the move.

we burn guys on the lead 40 out for deeper targets all the time. if we start hitting up those leads, sides will stop dropping their numbers deep and it will give hooksy a few one on ones deep.

2mp can bob up for a few moments now and then but i just give games to bryan. even if he doesn’t have the forward craft he will at least try to get on his bike and present. Alternatively end the Stewart back experiment and use him as the ruck/fwd

considering stinger and tippa struggled or were lame most of the day it’s remarkable we scored as heavily as we did.

phillips was great today.

guelfi laid 6 tackles in a quarter and half and hurt guys in half those tackles. please give him Ham’s spot.

is waterman playing VFL this weekend? hopefully he’s available to come in for stringer.

great to see francis really stand up in the last with the game on the line.

5 Likes

Play Langford as a half forward.

That was a free kick for Hooker.

Geez our kids are good!!

2 Likes

guelfi in for ham should go without saying

9 Likes

Onto next week

1 Like

Always been indifferent with Guelfi, but he was really good when he was subbed in!

13 Likes

On this point you just need to keep looking at our percentage. If we can keep a percentage on the 90s with the number of losses we will have then that will be testament we are on the improve. Will be interesting to see how we go the next two weeks in games we actually should win.

2 Likes

He’s a limited footballer but for some illogical reason, I often feel like we play better when he’s in the side.

5 Likes

have they ditched the front-on contact rule? i honestly can’t think of one i’ve seen paid so far this season

How was our tackle count today?

Surely the boys will get sick of this losses

1 Like

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing but the recruits and young kids have been among the best of our players this year. Shows where the rest of the list is/was at

1 Like

Other than a couple of bad clangers I thought Snelling had a great game.

5 Likes

I’d probably go a step further. He was a properly officiated last 2 minutes off winning us the game.

3 Likes