Review v giants - 2021, round something

Na, I reckon they enjoy them.

9 Likes

Player that butters up after making a mistake

1 Like

Sure, our skills were down but there’s plenty of silver linings…

…like Lav.

Yuo, I always like Snelling, always a useful player and can kick goals.

Ham won’t make it though, should delist him at the end of the season.

Lock in 23rd May as Essendon’s 2021 Judgement Day.

1 Like

Alot to take out of that.

The kids are alright

The ability to reset and regroup from failure is incredibly important in pro sport and Langford has shown he’s got it IMO.

Yes he had some howlers as did others, but if he goes into his shell, we never get the 2 goals from him and we probably don’t get anywhere near as close.

2 Likes

GWS is putrid. It’s no wonder they’re struggling this year. But we were still the better team.

I can’t find the stat but I think Sam Taylor took 5 or 6 intercept marks in our i50.

If it wasn’t for him and a few bad turnovers, we’d win by about three goals.

1 Like

Are you kidding? Snelling had 19 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackles and kicked 2 goals! What more do you want from a small forward? Snelling is doing quite well!

42 Likes

With Stringer injured for the next 3-5 weeks, play Langford as a permanent forward.

He was much better in that second half.

12 Likes

I want us to finish low and get a really good draft pick to set us up further, but damn its hard losing so many games by a whisker.

2 Likes

Somehow we are a very high scoring team despite botching so many chances with turning the ball over / not retaining possession in fwd half

At the opposite end however (as a result of the above) we are wayyyyyy too easily scored against, we constantly put our inexperienced defensive group under pressure.

Our ball use was largely pathetic all day- that’s the biggest negative. I also didn’t like how easily Giants were able to get handballs away whilst being tackled. We couldn’t seem to prevent that.

On the plus side we did keep fighting and fighting all game and gave ourselves a chance to win, the team has a lot more grit and determination than we’ve seen in a very long time.

Fkn fuming Hooker wasn’t paid that mark/free.

Langford was equal parts frustrating and fantastic

Ham was a major dissapointment. Guelfi needs to come in and just take his spot as he was terrific as sub. What he may lack in class he makes up for in sheer desperation and will.

Praying Stringer injury is just a corkie. In hindsight now for us to nearly win the game when he had zero impact and had to be subbed out was actually pretty impressive.

11 Likes

That hurts

Every time he gets back to his best he gets injured

Except the fact we did close it down, regrouped and got back into it. Other than that you are right that we don’t close it down and regroup.

2 Likes

true. but if he didn’t have all those turnovers, would we have been in desperate need of those late goals from him?

we could argue in circles all day i reckon

1 Like

Lol didn’t we re-sign him recently along with the other cold cut Devon?

2 Likes

It hurts now. But my word, we’re a much better footy club then 12 months ago.
Youth, Guts and effort every week
The connection and disposal is what’s missing.
It will get better.

13 Likes

Snelling was outstanding today.

His movement in traffic was sublime. And hitting targets brilliantly.

Anyone that has a crack at Snelling, has a vendetta against him.

12 Likes

I am very, VERY happy with how our young and inexperienced team is tracking this year. Those losses by 1, 2 and 3 points suck, but we will add another top 5 pick this year to add to Cox, Perkins, Reid, Jones and Bryan. A very promising group right there. I am optimistic about us for the first time in awhile.

1 Like

Lang is not a midfielder’s arseh*le.

Play him forward while String is out.

4 Likes