Review v hawks

Fark

This team will cause me a heart attack, or take years of my life

Dont even know what to say

Hawthorn are resigned to the fact that Brad Hill may never be found

News overnight that the search area is being enlarged.

Is finding hill harder than finding the lid

No. There’s a chance Hill still exists, unlike the lid.

Search area has been doubled to include Etihad, but search efforts will be temporarily halted this weekend.

Fark Carlton.

Would like to know the author Mark O'connor's email/twitter

Just message “Mocca” on big footy.

It was rightly 'gurged

http://bomberblitz.com/discussion/discussion/2451/essendon-season-preview-me-i-like-football/p1

That’s hysterical. “Hey guys, there’s a guy here who thinks your team is irrelevant, hates them, wants them to do badly and he’s done a poorly researched assessment of your team this year. Would you like to have a read? I’m trying to attract new people to my site”

No. There’s a chance Hill still exists, unlike the lid.

Would like to know the author Mark O’connor’s email/twitter

It was rightly 'gurged

http://bomberblitz.com/discussion/discussion/2451/essendon-season-preview-me-i-like-football/p1

What ever happened to that Hawk troll who came in here 2 weeks ago with his 'season preview' of the Bombers as a bottom 4 side?

Hope some BF peeps sent some nice messages his way…

Missed that, link?

Finally saw the game...

Hate Rioli. Doesn’t really do much but when he does it HURTS.

Really hate Puopulo. Dead set wanker.

Zerrett! Gleeson! ASHBY! Amazing. I can’t believe how much Ashby got involved when he came on. He went out there wanting to make his mark and boy did he. Zerrett got a couple votes from me. Gleeson had a few rough edges but was outstanding. 3 players right there. Sack DUDoro.

Heppell and Watson were great. Some of Hepps disposal seemed a little off but jeez he covers some ground. He was getting a lot of attention too.

Colyer… I’d argue this was his best game yet. And yes, the sprint at the end was just amazing. After that performance he has to be a lock for the next few weeks.

Have I read some people not happy with Stantons game? Fk me… And surely Melksham won some hearts and minds for his performance?

Joedan has made it. So has Carlisle.

I’d seen the last 2 minutes a few times through the week. But watching the full game last night I could still feel a lump in my throat and the fear the we were going to lose. That Hooker goal, and the noise when he kicked it. Wish I’d been there. Instead I’ll settle for being there to watch us (please, please, PLEASE…) smash the scum.

Colyer has to be a lock for the next few years

What ever happened to that Hawk troll who came in here 2 weeks ago with his ‘season preview’ of the Bombers as a bottom 4 side?

Hope some BF peeps sent some nice messages his way…

They can play for frees all they like.

The gap is closing.

I think a few people were saying "vale" before he got up eventually. Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Serious question… what the fark is down there?

An inverted Hill

Has now become a small dam.
That smother was immense.
Match saving as some of our favourite commentator friends may say. It honestly beggars belief that the subject of BS's value to the team still has legs.

That smother was immense.

What is the rule on blocking the man on the mark? Hawks have been doing it for a while - standing a guy right on the man on the mark to shepard when the ball carrier plays on. I thought it was against the rules?

Collingwood are good at it too. And so should we be if teams are getting away with it.

The umpire is supposed to stop play and tell the man to clear off, but they don’t do this anywhere near often enough. The thing is of course that the player sort of hangs around waiting for the play-on call, at which point he can legitimately shepherd. I think a rule should be introduced banning any sort of shepherd on the mark, and this should explicitly include the play-on situation.

Quoted Post
Finally got around to this great thread and each page of the 26 current ones was well worth the read.

Home reserved seat is in M9 (right next to ya Zimmer!!) and was surprised at the empty seats around me and my EFC supporting mate. There was a whole row empty in front of us. However, that was all forgotten once the first siren blew.

The atmosphere was fantastic with the sun shining in our eyes for 3 quarters and smarty me didn’t bring my EFC cap. The EFC 84-85 players prior to the game was very warming and a lot of respect was shown to them.

Anyway, won’t talk about every player that played well since the entire team had a magnificent display of performance. However, what was up with Howlett? Injured or just had a ■■■■■■ game? Those final few moments were absolutely incredible. Colyer’s goal, then the smart handball to Hooker, THE GOAL, Stanton’s smother, Ambrose’s tackle and Heppell’s smart kick along the boundary with 25 secs left was just thrilling. I’ve seen the Adam Goodes and Nick Riewoldt misses after the siren live, but this win tops it by FAR.

Everyone was going nuts at the final siren. I couldn’t even stand properly due to my right leg shaking like a motherfarker. I was THAT nervous. I think we ended up singing the song about 5 times. Finally, looked at the big screen and saw Sheeds waving the scarf which forced tears out of my eyes. A beautiful moment from Sheeds.

Just before I conclude this post, after the final siren, a fan was wearing a Hawks tank top and headed down to our area. He went all the way down to row A in the aisle between M9-10 and started high fiving EFC fans whilst nodding his head in appreciation. I guess NOT all of them bad :slight_smile:

I was reading this post with so much vigour that I read Stanton’s mother and whilst finishing reading thinking where?..what? I don’t remember anything about his mother…had to go back for another look…I am so pumped at the moment!!!

Stants has had better games, but he’s more of an on-field leader than people realise. In that last quarter he was all over the ground competing for the ball and adding an extra number to the contest. Right at the end he ran full pelt to the backline to help Hurley cover Jughead, and managed to get the ball to ground. At the game I was actually watching him during that last play - he was so determined that the ball was not going to get over the back of the pack. He then tried to lay the tackle on Breust as he scooted past but missed. Still, I think the guy is a very valuable contributor.

What is the rule on blocking the man on the mark? Hawks have been doing it for a while - standing a guy right on the man on the mark to shepard when the ball carrier plays on. I thought it was against the rules?

We were onto it though. We had a player of our own stand a few meters away from the blocker so that we could still impact the kick when the ump called play on.

Yeah there was a game last year they really burned us with it but it didn’t seem to help them on the weekend.

I think most teams do it these days anyway.

Especially after a kick out or whenever a player is hemmed in against the boundary.

It is just smart football really considering it is within the rules.

One thing I am pleased to see is that our players seem to be shepherding far more now to free teammates and to allow our players to continue with the ball. Something I thought we had been very lax on the last few seasons.