Review vs Collingfree

Learn to stick and deliver a tackle that doesnt leave to arms free. Dedicate the entire ■■■■■■■ pre season to it.

■■■■■■■ done with seeing the likes of pendlebury and sidebottom do as they please agaisnt us. Soon to be replaced by DeGoey and Stephenson

2 Likes

I won’t touch on the umpiring much. Other than to say that some of the shitt today was bewildering. If the club has any balls (and we know that they don’t) they would publicly come out and call it out. Cop the fine.

But umpiring is out of our control. What is in our control is team selection. Scapegoats they might be for today, but surely we have seen enough by now that Long or McNiece will not make it. If this is our depth, then we are in dire strife. And so today proved that both again were rubbish.

I’m not faulting their endeavour. Or character. Just saying that it is patently clear who is not up to league footy. So why put them in when it is known they will falter?

1 Like

You do realise how many players they have out right?

Ignorant to think they haven’t gone past us IMO…

1 Like

How did they rebuild quicker than us?

2 Likes

Another thing that makes me so angry about the last 15 years. These ■■■■■ stunk it up for what 2 seasons? 2 ■■■■■■■ seasons? Hawthorn 1 season? Even ■■■■■■■ Richmond and footscray have ■■■■■■■ won flags!

Mediocrity is the acceptable norm at the EFC in 2018

1 Like

Typical roll over when the pressure is applied loss.

Can’t believe anyone would give that a pass mark.

3 Likes

Long. Why on earth was he picked?bring on the draft.

It was the 15 non decisions where no free was paid that was the problem.

1 Like

No seagull goals today at least

Because they don’t accept mediocrity. They have the balls to make the big calls to avoid become what we have over the last 15 ■■■■■■■ years

1 Like

His first was an arsy goal

1 Like

Looked like Belly tired badly in the last and we got torched in the clearances.

We butchered some chances right through the day, particularly in the third. Should have led by 15-20 at 3/4 time.

We still need another decently quick mid who can scythe through and away from the stoppages. That might be Parish, imo.

I’m not outraged that we lost.

The umpiring was diabolical. Yet again we cop a rule that has been studiously ignored for every other club.

10 Likes

They’ve missed finals 4 years in a row, been dealing with injury after injury every week, a previously thought of mediocre coach and they’ve just taken our best punches and consolidated themselves in the top 4.

2 Likes

Yes but they got more ■■■■ decisions in their favour.
We can’t even win the ■■■■ decision count.

1 Like

Arsy yes but at least they didnt run into open goals with no bombers players in sight as is the norm in these games.

I thought the difference today was a brilliant last quarter by their captain. Otherwise, pretty even. A game of ebbs and flows but they were too good when it mattered most. We’ve been ‘up’ for a while now, so not surprising we ran out of puff at the end.

2 Likes

Reckon Essendon’s tackling is generally poor. Too often the opposition (and not just today) still manage to get the ball away.

Need a summer program of strengthening and bulking up

I was st the game, but for those watching what we’re the clearance stats to 3 quarter time? I felt we were winning the clearances until the last when they then beat us as Grundy got on top. I didn’t think the issue today was our clearance players, it was the ruck.

They are a damn good side. Wouldn’t be surprised if they play the Tigers in the big one. They did their homework on us and stopped our running half backs.

2 Likes

This

1 Like