Review vs Dees - Melk and Hibberd vindication

Positives.

Hurley absolutely magnificent. Marking and reading of the play was exactly what he had been lacking this year up until yesterday and he put on a clinic.

Big crowd, surprised to hear the figure was only 44k. People still rolling into an already packed top deck in the second term and not being able to get seats. Reminder of what we’ll see if we ever pull the finger out for more than three weeks and a nice way to go to the footy in comparison to sitting there with about 10k others against GWS last year.

1 Like

Just hear Matthew Lloyd on access all areas, he said the Essendon not make the finals,because they are too soft, also Mathew says about Joe Watson he’s too slowly around the grounds, you can’t playing the forward line , too slow off the mark ,he indicated that he should retire

1 Like

Doing all right for a dead guy though I think

10 Likes

Where’s the ignore function these days?

3 Likes

If the coaches are feeling half of what I am feeling right now I’m sure they are all going bald.

I’m resigning to the fact that it will take us to mid season to find our best 22. I suppose we always knew this but the reality of it sux.

Not should, COULD HAVE BEEN 5TH.

An improvement but still terrible!

And your point is?

I’d love to be wrong on this and honestly you do miss a few things being at the game of which player’s did what, but i used to do some of the same moves he does when i was in under 12s and didn’t want any body contact.
Fair enough not every player loves the physical stuff but I’ve just seen it too many times with Mitch.

Walked out of the match knowing we will finish 10-12 this year

I am at peace with the rest of the year

4 Likes

Yep. Of course its a troll. Had that figured out about two weeks ago. Needs to be banned asap.

2 Likes

I think you might be in for more pain.

There is a fair chance we wont win another game leading up to the bye. Then maybe only 3 more wins after that.

I think you might be right but we can always hope. I think many of wanted it to be different and had expectations of what could be. Reality is a hard task master. We may end up basking in the shallows with Horeforn and Sydney.

And; if that’s how it is, we’ll have to tough it out but we don’t have to like it!.

So, you’re an optimist then???

1 Like

Sure am. Will fall over the line in a couple of wins, make a tiny run towards the end of the year but way off finals

1 Like

Fatigue across the board.

Just take Watson/Stanton/Hocking/Howlett out of your best 25 ffrom the start of the year for a second.

Then you have the midfield from last year pretty much bar Hepps.

It was always a guess how they would come back this year.

From an optimistic 7-10 this yr, I’ve now conceded more likely to be 10-14.

Unless these boys are able to, with more game km’s in the legs, find a spark, then we should look to blood the next gen through the middle.

And be prepared for some pain.

Of the Returned, only Colyer and Hurley have been in any form. Jobe looks cooked, Howlett, Stanton and Hocking will struggle to get regular gigs, Hooker is uncomfortable up forward, Heppell seems injured, Tom Bell is a question mark and Myers has yet to get a crack. Do we give serious games to Mutch, Redman, Francis, Begley, Stewart, McKernan, McNeice and admit the dream is over? Think I’ll get me coat.

3 Likes

It’s fair enough. If the senior players who aren’t performing can’t lift by the midseason break it’d have to be curtains for then

That’s a pretty good assessment