Review vs Dees - Melk and Hibberd vindication

at 3/3 I think our season is still wide open for pos 7 & 8.
Richmond while a much better side this year are a bit over what they will be by the end of the year showed as we did how far off the pace they really are. Margin was about the same, we actually had a reasonable 3rd quarter against Adelaide by comparison.
Saints are a good chance to get in the top seven, we will slug it out with about 6 teams for the possibility of getting 8th at absolute best.
Right now, We are in better shape to do this than Sydney, Hawks, Freo, Brisbane, Gold coast at this present time, although more than likely Sydney and Hawthorn (maybe) will get much better
So the ball is still firmly in our court.
I see us potentially competing with North, Port Carlton, Collingwood and Melbourne for 8-10/11th at best. I still think our upside is better than most of those except for maybe Port.
We still have a lot to do though and we really need to hurry up and sort out our best 22

2 Likes

It wasn’t a response to your post.
Click the little avatar button.

Sorry my bad

Why you would have either of those charlatan hack thumbnail psych quacks at the club? I’m guessing.

Good for housewives & losers, not a professional sporting environment.

Wow.

Or, what Deck said …

Um, it was a joke , a bad joke but a joke. Looks like my writing needs to be more literal

Yeah, I wasn’t sure if you meant it literally, …just taking the mickey really. Should have added a :wink:

:slight_smile:

Every time I think of yesterday’s game I nearly vomit. It was that bad.

What annoys me is Tippa and Parish went down and from a Woosha coached side nothing was done.

I’m over the season already. Yesterday fkn killed any hope we had of making finals and proved once again we’re nothing but a average to poor side.

4 Likes

I laugh. It was a comedy.

3 Likes

A black comedy, for me.

5 Likes

We did that. That was Hird’s entire ethos.

That has its problems too.

It’s about balance. Not every guy has to be head over the ball crazy fearless, but those who don’t need to bring other things to the table.

E. G. Zaharakis has always been an “outside” player, but his disposal, goal kicking and decison making was good enough to make up for it. It’s not atm, and that’s why he should be looking at some VFL time, not because he isn’t running backwards into packs like he never has anyway.

3 Likes

Lost it between the ears yesterday. That typical 20 percent drop in skills, confidence and leg speed when everything seems to go wrong, which it did from the first minutes. Handballs behind players, kicks too high or too low, fumbles even from clean handling players like McGrath.
So we went back into our shells and played down the line, no run into the centre of the ground, just around the boundary, and obvious chip kicks. When we needed a lift blokes like Joe forgot their team positions and tried to do the amazing rather than the team game.
So not unexpected, though disappointing from what is a developing side.
Taking a view that’s longer than one match at least;
Hurley is back marking, charging at the ball, and looking to use his kicking as a weapon.
Hooker is covering the ground, busting his gut for no reward at times, and starting to hold some grabs
We actually won the clearances in the first half, against a pretty decent midfield, but we’re over run.

So several things that were a disaster / huge concern a few weeks ago are coming good.
It’s just other wheels decided to fall off.

We have to hang in there over time. Personnel and the game plan need tweaking but we will grow as a team by addressing these steadily, a few at a time.
For example we tried the Adelaide style Walla and Fanta bursting through from the back of the square a fair bit yesterday.
It didn’t work. Is that because of a new ruck Belly?, lack of grunt in and under? Or is it a dud tactic?
Won’t know until we try it at least once more. Then we can adapt, assess, ease out players and ease players into new positions into a better team.

2 Likes

The ‘mark and play on’ approach looks awesome when the players up the field are running hard and making space.

When they don’t the ball kicker looks stupid as quite often it’s just a pressured kick that expects the players up the field to have got in front/made space.

Not yesterday. Even Zerrett kicked blindly forward to an area he expected a forward to be.

I’m not a stats man but Watson/Parish being that down is basically one cylinder missing from the engine.

And they smashed us in the 3rd.

I have gone too lid off…think we will be 10-14.

I hope, with Ambrose out for a few weeks, Cale goes back and Stewart gets a shot.

Because our midfield is a bit slow/out of form, we need to strengthen the defence at the moment and now is the time.

And if Stewart/Bellchambers resting forward doesn’t work>>> no worries Hooker forward.

If finals is a chance, coaches have to do something at selection to rejig the side. Looks flat and disjointed, partly because of the obvious returning players, but it’s more than that.

The part-time Melbourne ruckman said in the Herald Sun today, he is willing to stay in the ruck, because there was no opposition, Bellchambers was timid wouldn’t put his body on the line, and gutless

Oh look!
Grammar ok, spelling ok… amazing turn-around, well done!

1 Like

Anyone else think we might have a troll here??

Some seriously farked up posts emanating from it …

2 Likes