Review vs Dogs

Where does this one sit on our list of finals losses since 04’?

Nothing like a final to show the multitude of deficiencies in your list

4 Likes

We played great for a half

The umpires were a disgrace.

Dodorro time to invest in some forwards and some elite kicks to kick it to them. Midfield and defense stood up. We had nothing forward of centre.

4 Likes

I was happier when we were tanking for draft picks back in May

1 Like

That one really ■■■■■■■ hurt.

We were done the minute we selected the team.
The weather forecast made it a formality.

2 Likes

I hope the 20 bulldogs supporters that were at the ground enjoyed that.

5 Likes

Horrible way to end the season

We missed hind badly. Nobody could break their defensive line. Too many up forward provided no value… ah ■■■■ it. No point dissecting. Can’t score goals, can’t win matches

3 Likes

The first half was ok given the weather and the umpiring. Most players doing ok (Draper and Parish the standounts,) Shiel’s disposal was not great.

The second half started badly, trailed off towards the middle, and the less said about the end the better.

All in all; what a terrible day to have eyes.

2 Likes

Yep. The minimum was we had to be competitive. Goalless second half is historically disgraceful

That was much better than all those losing elimination finals (thrashings) played in Melbourne. So much easier watching on tv than actually being there.

1 Like

Hello darkness my old friend, I’ve come to talk to you again.

5 Likes

18 Likes

Not a happy ending but our season was a huge success

10 Likes

Waterman
Gleeson
Francis

Seeya

1 Like

Hope Merrett doesn’t get a week for that sling tackle

Didn’t play the conditions well at all. Wet weather has killed us for years.

Still, I dont think it was 50 points bad.

Overall I’m not feeling as ■■■■ as after the other streak games. There’s alot to forward with.

We have
2 genuine intercepting defenders in Lav and Rids
An elite midfield with Parish, Merrett, McGrath, Caldwell.
A promising young KPF with Harry Jones

8 Likes

As soon as it rained we were nowhere really. They got on top around the ground at every contest really. Driving it fwd and capitalized in their fwd half (luckily at times via umps).

We didn’t do enough to make most of our fwd half dominance

Our fwd line non existent

Wright & Francis barely a shot on goal. As per Waterman. Dogs mopped up everything at ground level though.

Hooker, TIPPA and Langers we needed.

Hind as well as far as us busting through their pressure and some spark

Terrible second half. Couldn’t get near it. They were top of ladder most of year for a reason.

Moving on….

We were 2-6 and made finals and had a lot of positives for the season.

Bring on 2022

12 Likes

2nd half killed it but it was otherwise an expectation exceeding season.

2 Likes

One positive is that I was planning on doing some cleaning after the game finished, but it’s all done now because I had a fair idea at three-quarter time that the game was over.

Essendon exceeded my expectations for 2021. Onwards and upwards, still think there are fun times ahead with this team.

5 Likes