Review vs. North

Free kick north

Was unable to watch game or listen to it tonight. Just kept updating afl app.
Quick question for those that watched it.
Early in the 3rd qtr the free kick count was 21 to 9?
Did the umps even it up in the last? WHere the free kicks there? Can we not tackle correctly?
Not usually a stat guy however I can’t understand the massive difference!
Btw it ended up 22 to 17 nths way

Downfield - North

McKernan was out of his depth all night.

We got smashed in the middle because of his poor ruck work but it was Goldstein. He got towled up by Gawn last week so this week was always going to be ugly. Some of those free’s against him were rubbish though.

Hurley, Hooker, Zerrett, Stanton, Baguley, Laverde, Edwards and Goddard were all good IMO.

Steinberg, Ashby, McKernan, O’Brien, Hibberd and Ambrose all quite poor.

Getting better but the men are being well and truly sorted from the boys.

What did you say? Free kick North

Day ending in ‘y’? Free kick north

Steinberg is s joke

He shows plenty,the more he plays next to Hurley the better he will be.hurely will drag the best out of our youngsters,he is a heart and soul type that others will follow,steinberg will be one of those.i see more upside with our team than north,I wouldn’t have said that six weeks ago

I love your positivity.
But I just don’t see Steinberg following on in Hurley’s style of play. Hairstyle, yes. Play, no. Hurley had and always has aggression in his game and a thurst for the contest. Steinberg just seems to be a passenger in the contest.

Thought O’brien was decent, actually. And Ashby will be ok.

Awesome. Lets make our best defender s forward!

Honestly reckon those free kick stats are fudged, it was 21-9 a minute into the 4th. They must have paid us an ‘advantage’ every time we had the ball in he last to get it back to 22-17.

Same scoring shots same inside 50s.

learn how to kick when he have the ascendancy and we will be ok.
Everything else is irrelevant.

I don’t think Giles would have ‘turned’ the game… and he probably does suck…

but ffs if Daniher gets his knee blown in a farking ruck contest in some meaningless clash between now and the end of the season… what then?!!

Just seems a crazy stupid risk and not good for his development as a forward either. Started the game promising but then spent some time in the ruck… got knackered and that was the end of that.

Also don’t see how anyone could offer less than Ambrose right now…

Really happy with the effort shown tonight considering the list we had.
Thought they showed real endeavor but Norf (who are seriously shit without Goldstein) were just too experienced.

Happy to not win too many more games this year to get our hands on better picks especially if we show effort like we did tonight

Few times you thought Norf were gonna run away with it and we looked shaky but credit to them they composed themselves

Goldstein was ultimately the difference. That and the umpiring. We need to get a number one ruck in the offseason if Bellchambers isn’t upto it

Was unable to watch game or listen to it tonight. Just kept updating afl app. Quick question for those that watched it. Early in the 3rd qtr the free kick count was 21 to 9? Did the umps even it up in the last? WHere the free kicks there? Can we not tackle correctly? Not usually a stat guy however I can't understand the massive difference! Btw it ended up 22 to 17 nths way

We continued to give free kicks to Goldstein in the ruck … And they were all there. We had no answers for him (7 frees to him alone I think).

In the last north tried to shut down the contest and kept getting pinged for holding the ball - of which they were all there also.

That loss stings a little, firstly cos its Norf and I can’t stand those overrated twats, but also cos we did a lot towards winning it. It came down to the usuals: poor kicking for goal, sloppy skills around the ground, and an on ball group that has so many parts missing it’s not funny.

However, we are playing plenty of newbies and they’re clearly out there learning on the job. There will always be clangers, turnovers, poor decisions made when they’re still finding out how it all works. You really have to praise their effort for helping get us into a winning position, and playing till the final siren.

Laverde getting that goal was ace, Gleeson looks like never giving up his spot, Ashby learned how quick you need to be in congestion, Smack learned how the best in the business go at it, NOB may just save his spot on the list, The Langford puts his body on the line, and Edwards is a beast who is learning how to stay in the game for longer periods.

Saw Hird on the telly with his head in his hands a lot, and some of those stuff ups really threw the game away. But surely we all expect it. Get the inexperienced decision making and sloppy skill errors out of their play now through more games and let’s keep steering this ship towards 2016.

If we can keep Carlisle, maybe him back and Hooker forward wouldnt be a bad thing… Hooker actually looks like he belongs up there (apart from some average kicking, which can be fixed)

For the first time in a long time we looked dangerous going forward. Well for the first half of the game anyway.

McKernan, beaten like a red headed step child, but he didn’t give up all night, was really impressed with his effort. Simon Madden at his best would have struggled against Goldstein tonight.

Hahahaha HAP, needed that as a laugh.

Scores probably an accurate description of where the sides are at in respect to each other No issue with playing McKernan in the ruck the rest of this year but I really hope Hird isn't banking on him ever being a #1 ruck. Clearly got a bath by Goldstein tonight, but I did notice he beat him for about a 5 minute period straight after he came off the bench after a spell I hope we get a chance to see him up forward as I definitely think his go is as a 3rd tall forward who relieves the ruckman ala Ben Brown, then is probably the one subbed midway through the 3rd At a stretch he could be a 50/50 ruckman like the pairing at the Hawks, but imo his partner would need to be the bash and crash type to compliment him

I’d be quite happy with Mckernan replacing Ambrose forward with Hooker and Daniher and then replace stein with Carlisle when available…this of course requires Belly to return to the form of 2013 next year or the recruitment of another ruck…mckernans marking kicking and decision making is good

Was unable to watch game or listen to it tonight. Just kept updating afl app. Quick question for those that watched it. Early in the 3rd qtr the free kick count was 21 to 9? Did the umps even it up in the last? WHere the free kicks there? Can we not tackle correctly? Not usually a stat guy however I can't understand the massive difference! Btw it ended up 22 to 17 nths way

We continued to give free kicks to Goldstein in the ruck … And they were all there. We had no answers for him (7 frees to him alone I think).

In the last north tried to shut down the contest and kept getting pinged for holding the ball - of which they were all there also.

Thanks just could not believe what I was seeing!