Review vs. North

Was unable to watch game or listen to it tonight. Just kept updating afl app. Quick question for those that watched it. Early in the 3rd qtr the free kick count was 21 to 9? Did the umps even it up in the last? WHere the free kicks there? Can we not tackle correctly? Not usually a stat guy however I can't understand the massive difference! Btw it ended up 22 to 17 nths way

They evened it up with a bunch of cheapies in the fourth. Well after the damage was done and in positions we could do no damage

Thought O'brien was decent, actually.

Same.

Had a couple of panic handballs, but looking more and more settled.

McKernan was out of his depth all night.

We got smashed in the middle because of his poor ruck work but it was Goldstein. He got towled up by Gawn last week so this week was always going to be ugly. Some of those free’s against him were rubbish though.

Hurley, Hooker, Zerrett, Stanton, Baguley, Laverde, Edwards and Goddard were all good IMO.

Steinberg, Ashby, McKernan, O’Brien, Hibberd and Ambrose all quite poor.

Getting better but the men are being well and truly sorted from the boys.

Hibbo was good. His attacking game is back and he put in heaps of run and attacking efforts tonight.

Zerrett got heaps of the footy but made a number of errors and was put under more pressure tonight- they out time into him for sure. His impact wasn’t great IMV.

You’d reckon just the law of averages would dictate that at least one of Hurley, Hooker or Carlisle would be good at kicking set shots.

Hurley and stants were great again.

bags, gwilt and hooker were also good.

the boys had a real go tonight but the goal kicking woes continue

You'd reckon just the law of averages would dictate that at least one of Hurley, Hooker or Carlisle would be good at kicking set shots.

They are the most talented backline in the league by far.

Thought O'brien was decent, actually.

Same.

Had a couple of panic handballs, but looking more and more settled.

Shaky earlier but worked his way into it. Worth giving him til the end of the year

I still havnt figured out what Ambrose is in the side for, offers next to nothing. The size of him he should be crunching packs and causing carnage. Hooker and Hurley brilliant once again and thought Gwilt was solid down back again.

You'd reckon just the law of averages would dictate that at least one of Hurley, Hooker or Carlisle would be good at kicking set shots.

I reckon Hooker will end up solid. I reckon he’s an excellent forward and there is more hope of him becoming a decent kick for goal than Carlisle

Add big Joe to that list. It’s ■■■■■■ unlucky if they could all kick straight there is 4 very good key forwards.

Steinberg is s joke

He shows plenty,the more he plays next to Hurley the better he will be.hurely will drag the best out of our youngsters,he is a heart and soul type that others will follow,steinberg will be one of those.i see more upside with our team than north,I wouldn’t have said that six weeks ago

stein isn’t tall enough to be third tall and isn’t quick enough to play on the smaller players…love to see him play until end of year but think we shouldn’t give him a spot next year

Honestly reckon those free kick stats are fudged, it was 21-9 a minute into the 4th. They must have paid us an 'advantage' every time we had the ball in he last to get it back to 22-17.

As soon as the game was out of reach we got freekicks for the most insignificant things. Evens it up a bit.

McKernan was out of his depth all night.

We got smashed in the middle because of his poor ruck work but it was Goldstein. He got towled up by Gawn last week so this week was always going to be ugly. Some of those free’s against him were rubbish though.

Hurley, Hooker, Zerrett, Stanton, Baguley, Laverde, Edwards and Goddard were all good IMO.

Steinberg, Ashby, McKernan, O’Brien, Hibberd and Ambrose all quite poor.

Getting better but the men are being well and truly sorted from the boys.

Hibbo was good. His attacking game is back and he put in heaps of run and attacking efforts tonight.

Zerrett got heaps of the footy but made a number of errors and was put under more pressure tonight- they out time into him for sure. His impact wasn’t great IMV.

Hibberd is my favourite player next to Jobe but he has been puerile rubbish all season.

Everytime he flies as third or fourth man you can almost pencil in a goal to the opposition. Useless in the air and has been average in every other aspect of his game bar a few quarters here and there.

Really hope he can get back to his best because he is so important to our rebounding and attack.

I reckon Hooker will end up solid. I reckon he’s an excellent forward and there is more hope of him becoming a decent kick for goal than Carlisle

I actually agree. He has a bit of swagger about him in the forward line, and it certainly doesn’t seem to bother him playing there.

If he can sort out the kicking… who knows?

Very inexperienced team showed good signs. Nobby has his best game, LAV and The Langford collectively had an ok 14 possession game (given that Langford subbed for LAV and they had 7 each). LAV should play out the year while Lamgford should get the occasional game. Edwards was an excitement machine - we must continue with him. Agree that Giles should’ve played, just to compete with Goldstein. We need to buy a ruckman.

Valiant effort by a very young side

Undermanned in the ruck and midfield, and inexperienced all over the ground. Never a game anyone honestly expected to win.

the issue isn’t giles would offer more or be better in the ruck.

the issue is you’re robbing the backline of hooker to throw him up forward and not control or influence games as much, while also playing stein down back. so effectively you’re giving up 3-4 goals cos hooker isn’t down back, and you’re only gaining a “chance” of scoring a goal.

giles int he middle, hooker back and mckernan as a forward and ruck backup surely is a better option than present, and what exactly is going to go worse than it did tonight ?

i don’t get the robbing of 2 areas to negate having to play a ruckman.

Stants and Hurls magnificent as always. Superstars.

How do people think Jerrett is travelling at the minute?

McKernan, beaten like a red headed step child, but he didn't give up all night, was really impressed with his effort. Simon Madden at his best would have struggled against Goldstein tonight.

Simon madden and Goldstein should never be used in the same sentence.dont do that again.ever.