Review vs Tin-rattlers. Or is this @smj thing?

I thought Hams’ game was quite wonderful. He looked liked a young Rama.

How young? 7???

2 Likes

Judd on Footy Classified “the current Bombers team is probably the fastest we’ve ever seen in the competition”

2 Likes

Roos on the couch.

they’re in fantastic form and they don’t care if it stands up in finals, ad nauseam.

Awesome. Let’s hope the media continue to be bitter

1 Like

they being us (essendon think tank).

As in what Rama looked like when he started to fire.

Roos has always disliked us and never rated us. He still thinks we are being coached by Matty K

What a back hander!

I actually think the last two weeks, we’ve been pretty good at limiting scores - isn’t that what happens in finals footy?

We do play through the middle but we seem to have built in conservative, controlling approaches throughout.

Let them all believe that it won’t stand up in finals. They’ll reassess that when we kick 198 points on the G in the finals.

I’m not sure that 198 points over 3 Finals at the G will get it done :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

booo!

i’m 50/50 still. the last 2 weeks in particular it at least in theory they are setting up better defensively and are making better offensive decisions.

but in both games north and brissy missed some real easy goals, and we still made alot of mistakes with the ball.

So the the next 2 weeks will sorta answer where we really are at playing collingwood and geelong cos you’d have to assume will punish us more for poor disposal, and how the defensive structure holds up to higher skilled pressued both on the scoareboard and simply better disposal.

but if they do hold up well then that is a big statement.
but we won’t know either way til 2 and a bit weeks time who was closer to being right.

One of the things that impressed me in this game was several occasions where reset defensively very quickly and weren’t caught out on the turnover. It was particularly noticeable after they caught us on the overlap a few times early on.

1 Like

It would if we played teams coached by Paul Roos for three weeks.

2 Likes

ROUND FIVE AFLCA VOTES:

8 - Zach Merrett (ESS)
8 - Dylan Shiel (ESS)
5 - Dyson Heppell (ESS)
4 - Orazio Fantasia (ESS)
4 - Michael Hurley (ESS)
1 - Cale Hooker (ESS)

Two sets of paired combos possible to go along with Hooker’s obvious 1+0:

• Merrett and Shiel shared 5+3, Heppell had 4+1, and Fantasia and Hurley choose between 4+0 and 2+2.
  • Merrett and Shiel choose between 4+4 and 5+3, Heppell had 5+0, and Fantasia and Hurley choose between 3+1 and 2+2.
2 Likes

An @ivan best 22 and an @theDJR Coaches Votes analysis are up there as two of the most iconically Blitz things going around.

2 Likes

I’d be surprised if Heppell got a bog

Yep.

There was a bit of “feeling out” early on, but we held our structure while they started to take a few risks just to try and get themselves going.

Fox sports reporting we are looking to lock in Good Friday game for next 20 years.

1 Like