Richard DiNatalie vs Andrew Bolt

I would have thought governing the country for almost 6 years was something to be reasonably proud of.

Any idiot can sit back in the bleachers and blindly criticize knowing they will never have the ultimate responsibility themselves.

Was that a compliment to a Labor Government.

Mm mm, it that really you DT ?

I think this guy is the best performer in Australian politics, and the best Greens leader we’ve had so far. He really made Bolt look quite foolish on Bolt’s pet topics.

Yes, he is a good ‘performer’ as many Greens are but as for actually doing anything productive, hmm…That said, kudos for appearing on Bolt’s show and away from the usual ABC/ SBS/ Fairfax echo chamber.

Any examples of what was said ?

what do you mean examples, did you watch the video?

He’s clearly the most impressive (/least unimpressive) party leader in the country.

Also shows how badly Labor are missing out IMHO. Bolt really can’t think outside the very, very narrow left/right confines of Lab/Lib. ALP seem determined to play by those rules and be seem more worried about being "the left party"TM than a good political party. Bolt can’t deal with someone actually stepping outside that left/right and explaing good, logical policy as it relates to real people, referencing real facts and statistics.

ALP only have a hope if they stop worrying about the Greens, stop worrying about fitting Bolt’s stereotype of “the” Left partyTM. More people will vote for you if you make good decisions, put in good leaders, and make good policy. Right now the Greens have all 3 and hard to argue ALP have either.

No quotable soundbites either. A pleasant change.

Sorry - what is this good, logical policy you speak of?

Like refusing to pass the China FTA agreement for example as their good buddies and donors the CFMEU are against it?
That sort of good, logical policy you mean?

Like refusing to pass the China FTA agreement for example as their good buddies and donors the CFMEU are against it?

Refuting to drop bombs on Syria and saying we need to do more to intake Syrian refugees. Great policy.

RE: China FTA - do you think it is ok for employees to be governed under Chinese work conditions in Australia? FTA absolutely needs to be checked by both sides of parliament

Yep. That would be a good example. The little guy never wins in these deals.
He's clearly the most impressive (/least unimpressive) party leader in the country.

Also shows how badly Labor are missing out IMHO. Bolt really can’t think outside the very, very narrow left/right confines of Lab/Lib. ALP seem determined to play by those rules and be seem more worried about being "the left party"TM than a good political party. Bolt can’t deal with someone actually stepping outside that left/right and explaing good, logical policy as it relates to real people, referencing real facts and statistics.

ALP only have a hope if they stop worrying about the Greens, stop worrying about fitting Bolt’s stereotype of “the” Left partyTM. More people will vote for you if you make good decisions, put in good leaders, and make good policy. Right now the Greens have all 3 and hard to argue ALP have either.

It clearly demonstrates where this country is at with politics and would be hurting people’s heads, if you looked at DeNatalie, Abbott and Shorton in isolation and took the parties out of it and said right, who do you want as PM most people would choose DeNatalie

Refuting to drop bombs on Syria and saying we need to do more to intake Syrian refugees. Great policy.

RE: China FTA - do you think it is ok for employees to be governed under Chinese work conditions in Australia? FTA absolutely needs to be checked by both sides of parliament

How is the first one even a policy?
Its a feel good statement that would be simply unworkable in real life. I’d expect a statement like that from a 12 yo articulating his or her desire to be class president. Not from a leader of a political party.

Why are Australian working conditions better than Chinese by the way?
I imagine at least their Health and Safety officers have at least done some training unlike their CFMEU counterparts.

He's clearly the most impressive (/least unimpressive) party leader in the country.

It clearly demonstrates where this country is at with politics and would be hurting people’s heads, if you looked at DeNatalie, Abbott and Shorton in isolation and took the parties out of it and said right, who do you want as PM most people would choose DeNatalie
Yup. If you looked at policy in isolation (the ABC does a good site every election) I doubt the majors would have more than about 20-30% of the primary. Their whole MO has been convincing everyone the other guys suck. Sooner we get 3, 4, 5 legit options the better.

Its a feel good statement that would be simply unworkable in real life. I’d expect a statement like that from a 12 yo articulating his or her desire to be class president. Not from a leader of a political party.

I imagine at least their Health and Safety officers have at least done some training unlike their CFMEU counterparts.

Is that a serious question?

wired.com/2015/04/inside-chinese-factories/
According to the China Labor Support Network, more than a quarter of the labor force in China is at risk of occupational poisoning

Have a read of that article, worker neglect, injuries, illness, cancer, suicide rates on work premise. These are not conditions I would adhere to in Australia.

Having witnessed their working conditions first hand, we should not be promoting those conditions here. You can wack away at unions all day (I am not a massive fan, yes there are dodgy characters) but part of their mantra is workers conditions. I believe their recent spike in popularity was a result of workplace accidents.

That right there should prove to all & sundry, that DT is not worth the time it takes to type a response to anything he posts. … I mean, … farking hell.

Yes - It is a serious question.

Do they have unqualified Health & Safety Officers?
Or shop stewards engaged in extortion and blackmail?

Besides which I’m not sure why a Chinese worker poses a risk under a 457 visa and a British worker does not.
Shades of racism perhaps from the white-bread Greens Party.

Yes - It is a serious question.

Do they have unqualified Health & Safety Officers?
Or shop stewards engaged in extortion and blackmail?

Besides which I’m not sure why a Chinese worker poses a risk under a 457 visa and a British worker does not.
Shades of racism perhaps from the white-bread Greens Party.

??

No one is talking about visas, we are talking about Chinese work conditions in Australia

read the article and tell me if those conditions are ok in Australia?

Do they have unqualified Health & Safety Officers? Or shop stewards engaged in extortion and blackmail?

Yes, they have unqualified OH&S officers in China. Hard to believe, I know.

Public officials have engaged in extortion and blackmail. Again, you’ll have to suspend belief.

seems like a smart and logical sort of fella, will not progress any where in the political landscape.