Richmond fans praying to the wrong God. Rance retiring for faith

Hitler had a thing for the JW’s too, although he might have been mistaking them for the Jews. They got sent off to the camps too.

We had a JW member on Blitz a few years back.

The blood transfusion thing…isn’t that the Seventh Dayers, or is it the Christian Scientists too?

I remember my late uncle disliked the SDA’s. He was an RC missionary in PNG in the 40s-60s and said the mainstream Christian religions would do the big job of converting the natives from animism and then the SDA would try to reconvert them to only buy Sanitarium products.

1 Like

I was asked to be a Witness once. Had to refuse because I hadn’t even seen the accident.

8 Likes

No presents or celebrating Birthdays/Xmas as well.

Interesting fact - Michael Jackson’s mother was converted by a doorknocker, and she was the reason he was a JW. God knows how many people he in turn proselytised (though as far as I know he never went on record about it much). That’s a pretty good ROI for that one doorknock.

He got booted out for the “Thriller” music video and begged them to let him back in, which they did after he agreed to put the disclaimer that appears at the start of the video.

In the Legend of Rance no one seems to have mentioned the bleeding obvious my “couldn’t give a stuff about footy” partner immediately noticed.

“Oh, so the clubs paid for all his top line rehab & physio now. That’s done.
Time to quit and go travelling.”

Possibly a more cynical and worldly decision from the player than many think.

1 Like

Wouldn’t they be responsible for it even if he called time immediately after sustaining the injury though?

Workplace injury etc??

Yes. Yes they would.

3 Likes

There’s a difference between being “responsible for treatment “ and actually getting priority treatment.
Current listed players get absolute priority- ex players make do with some club support, and a bunch of referrals to outside services.

I really doubt that. All this would be covered via insurances etc,… but I agree that I probably wouldn’t have let on if it were me, JIC.

He also may have ultimately concluded after healing, that being 30, … and having suffered through all the pain & drama of recovering from such a serious injury, … and having already achieved the ultimate prize, … and the chance of more and more severe injuries occurring with an older body, that it just wasn’t worth risking.

I made that decision after I did my knee at 23. Initially I couldn’t wait to get back to having a run, but in the end, playing footy just became not worth it after not being able to work or surf etc for 10 months. I chucked it in and travelled North every Winter to work in warmth, and surf and fish etc.

Don’t regret it one bit.

1 Like

Not a problem. Another player who has never captained his AFL team, Buddy will captain the AA team from the rehab room.

1 Like

Correct but the magic underwear is just so amusing I couldn’t resist.

To anyone’s knowledge are there many religious Dons players? Saad comes to mind

Marry that girl.

They’re a bigoted, homophobic, patriarchal, manipulative nut job splinter group . Much like some other Christian offshoots.

2 Likes

Not just Christian groups that have the same MO.

Of course not. Not even just “religious” groups. People get controlled by all manner of bizarre causes.

Magic undies is the Mormons (initially typed morons). The gold plates that only one bloke could read…Jesus went to the US…

Sorry…noticed someone has alrwady highlighted it was the wrong hate group

And cursed black people with ugliness.

Never understood why most people can not appreciate champions at clubs other than their own. He’s the best defender of the modern era IMO. Good luck to him.

5 Likes

I’ve heard Richmond still think he may pull a Hodgey and come back and play. Probably explains the lack of a proper press conference and how all his teammates haven’t paid any tributes on social media besides Naish who took it down straight away.

Hmmm not what I’m hearing. Something has happened to cause him to be disliked by teammates, which may have lead to his retirement, maybe not as squeaky clean as he is presented by media.

Jack unfollowed him on Instagram in fact, not that it should be a story but I imagine had it been an Essendon player unfollowing Joe Daniher I bet my last dollar Parrot, Ralphy or Poop Mclure would’ve been tweeting about it…

4 Likes

lol, nothing surer.

1 Like