Ricky Olarenshaw - Footy In Bali

Welcome to Blitz Ricky.

Sorry to hear you’re not a Dons fan anymore

1 Like

Bring back Olarenshaw as the boundary rider already channel 7.

3 Likes

What about olerenshaw paints? What happened to the paint store?!? I recall my old man coming home with tins of paint and Ricky’s signature on them.

Overseas footy is a fantastic way to stay connected. Living in London I am in one of the big Aussie hubs playing for the Wandsworth Demons.

Has 3 blokes teams and 2 girls ones. Great atmosphere and spirit at the club. May it continue for years and years to come as the next generation of Aussies swing through.

2 Likes

Doesn’t everyone???

1 Like

Meh. Anyone can find themselves on Google. Bing is where it’s at. Find yourself there, you know you’ve made it

4 Likes

They sure do. I haven’t been lucky enough to find a thread dedicated to myself yet though.

1 Like

A few years ago my wife and l were holidaying in Bali. In front of our hotel was a little massage parlour, so we decided to give it a shot, it was the worst massage either of us had ever had. The girls spent half the time on the phone and only used one hand. As we walked out, l said to the missus that she was a better masseuse than them. That gave me an idea. I wanted my wife to have a skill when she moved to Oz. So when l went back to China to work l sent her to Bali Bisa, the best Balinese massage school in Bali, and one that is recognized in Victoria. I managed to talk her into taking 5 courses back to back, because 5 certificates on a wall look better and more convincing than 2 or 3. We joked that when she gets her own business going there will be NHE. At the moment she is still stuck in Indonesia, waiting for a visa to return, and the pandemic has disrupted all plans. Oh, my aching back.

3 Likes

From what I know, Rick’s brother Dean to over the business in Hampshire Rd. He then relocated to Queensland and the business was sold or closed.

@RickyO47 Those photos look like you guys play at the Canggu club. Is that where you play?
Are you still over there or have you come hime since the pandemic.

I’ve got a friend over there who said it’s been pretty good up until recently.

1 Like

@RickyO47 do you remember, in August 1994 , taking 3 young Tasmanians under your wing for the weekend of round 22 (Hawthorn) at the behest of Paul Hills?

Starting at his house in Moonee Ponds or somewhere in that area?

And us getting nearly ripped apart by his Rottweiler?

And getting driven into town by Mark Mercuri?

I’m his red mazda 323? With Paul, Michael Symonds, yourself and us in it?

And taking us to places that involved loose clothing arrangements for staff?

Even if you don’t, it’s still part of the best weekend of my life. Thank you. And I’m sorry you left. You were vital in the 93 GF and I’ll never forget it.

14 Likes

I doubt he remembers it.

Dog attacks are generally memorable.

1 Like

I said nearly.

We thought it was a stitch up until he came out and called it off.

I remember being gutted he didn’t know where Edna lived.

1 Like

Once I played in a flag with it, the number became more special to me so I never considered changing for a lower number. I still wear the #47 playing for the Bali Geckos now

11 Likes

Great to see team improve and the young ones are pretty exciting talents

2 Likes

wow u have a good memory but no I dont remember that one but that doesnt mean it didnt happen!

4 Likes

How is your mother & father Ricky??

Make sure to give dodoro call if there is any talent from where you are coaching :stuck_out_tongue: