RIP nickyd

Ok, this is a bit hard for me to write, but some of you will be aware that nickyd has been in the fight of his life against Non Hodgkins Burkitt’s lymphoma. This is a rather rare, and very aggressive, cancer. Sadly Nick is losing this fight. There is a GoFundMe page aimed at helping him get to Melbourne, to Peter Mac, to give him basically one last chance to come out on top. I don’t believe that any wife should lose her husband, or any children their father, at just 32 years of age. And from a purely selfish point of view, Nick is a great mate, and I’m not prepared to let go just yet. Not while there are other options. So I am posting the link to the fundraising page here in the hope that the Essendon/Blitz family might find it in their hearts to help.

Thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/2cjpvfg

So sad to hear. My best wishes for you Nickyd.

Oh man. Lost for words… :frowning:

Terrible news.
Can’t imagine the situation for the family :(. Don’t know you personally Nicky, but you are in the thoughts of all blitzers.

We are all behind you brother!

■■■■ you cancer.

Best wishes to Nickys family and friends who will be doing it tough right now keep fighting the good fight Nicky Blitz is with you all the way.

Knowing he has a friend as loving and caring as you Reboot I’m sure is a massive comfort/ source of happiness to him.

My best wishes to all

Terrible news. Thoughts and best wishes are with Nick and his family.

So awful. Cancer is a blight on humanity.

Praying for him and his family. You’re a good friend Boot.

When I saw 32 new posts, well…

Everyone here is right behind you Nick, sending you and your family every best possible wish.

Lost for words. Very sad.

Win this week for nickyd - do it Bombers!!!

bad ■■■■ like this shouldn’t happen to good people.

That’s farked. Terrible thing to read and I can’t even imagine how Nick and his family feel.

I know your doing everything you can Nick and I know you have done everyone you care about proud.

Well that is utterly tragic, can’t imagine how his family and friends are coping. Anything the blitz family can do, just say the word…

Life is so cruel.

Thoughts are with nickyd and his family.

first time i have ever shed a tear reading blitz.

My thought and prayers are with you Nickyd and your family

O that is terrible news. Thanks for the update, Reboot, and let him know our thoughts are with him and his family.

Oh dear, what a terrible situation. I don’t really know what to say, but just want to send my best wishes - not just to NickyD and family, but also you, 'boot. Please take care of yourself during this difficult time.

Oh dear, what a terrible situation. I don't really know what to say, but just want to send my best wishes - not just to NickyD and family, but also you, 'boot. Please take care of yourself during this difficult time.
My sentiments exactly DonsForEver, well said.