RMIT & EFC Partnership

West Coast - ECU
GWS - UWS
Bulldogs - VU

probably more

1 Like

Can we get Stringers hair in the wind tunnel? Pretty sure we could cut down drag, and so increase both speed and endurance…

How do you bet on bridge ? $10 a point maybe; and bingo is far too taxing; just cannot stand the excitement.

Well yeah, exactly like that.
And of course bingo and keno aren’t as exciting as pokies.
Unlike pokies, those games aren’t actually designed to be addictive or to make your brain’s pleasure place go boom.
Like Candy Crush, incidentally.
Maybe you guys could play that instead?

I tried Poker with my Son at Crown; but that is seriously very weird.

A bunch of strange looking dudes, mostly men, some with earplugs listening to music, showing little obvious attention to the cards. Now that is a place to lose money.

Can these Uni boffins do some research into why an Essendon hamstring injury takes 8 weeks to get over

1 Like

Les incompetents.

But that’ll be 200k study grant with no discernable answer.

All these things are great… and there is no doubt we are right back at the front of pack ‘off field’… however it counts for absolutely nothing, zero, zilch unless we find a way to be a winning team on field.

Surely I can’t be the only fan sick of partnerships and puff pieces… we are a footy club. We were created to do one thing and one thing only… win football games. I realise in the modern landscape it all goes hand in hand… but a flag will do greater things for this club than any partnerships, sponsorships etc etc.

2 Likes

More talking about what the partnership actually entails, than partnering with a university, sorry!

Interested in what it entails in that case? The release didn’t really help me understand the ground breaking part of it.

Could you give us a plain English precis?

1 Like

Seems light on details, exactly how does this help us win more games and break our 15 year mediocrity cycle that we are currently stuck in?

If this partnership is used as a scholarship to get indigenous talent into the club then fine I see how this could be beneficial to our club and the community.

My first thought on seeing the headline was that there would be greater opportunity for our players to participate in study opportunities to prepare them for life after football. The training demands on players make is difficult to undertake mainstream tertiary courses so hopefully the association with RMIT will enable some flexibility in the delivery and participation in courses.

1 Like

What, didn’t you think

"Our partnership with RMIT unites two industry leaders, where the free trading of knowledge and experience will upskill our people, grow our communities, enable us to respond to business challenges, and capitalise on business opportunities which are waiting just around the corner,”

was plain English?

:slight_smile:

While I understand the point, mainstream courses these days are delivered by many different means. There is literally no need to attend classes.

As a part-time lecturer with RMIT at the moment, I really don’t agree with that.

Aside from everything else about teaching methods, it’s really weird giving a 2 hour “interactive” teaching session for 45 post-grad law students when there’s only 3 of them in the room…

6 Likes

I don’t know, all those years ago when I taught maths and science to boys at a tech school would have much more enjoyable if I was the only one in the room.

2 Likes

I can give it a crack…

Basically it is a partnership of 3 pillars;

COMMUNITY - how do we work together to deliver educational opportunities to our NGA areas, providing development to future players.

INNOVATION - work in conjunction with professors and students to identify and solve sports specific and business specific problems or opportunities that may arise. Eg. Breathable textiles, peak athletic workloads, new marketing opportunities etc.

ENTERPRISE - access to a innovation hub for staff, students, players to test out business ideas and share knowledge and learnings. A space to test and develop new commercial ideas.

Not sure if that is still marketing speak, but I hope it helps a little.

Edit: this is super high level by the way…

6 Likes

This is excellent, the club administration are doing a fantastic job of helping people overcome disadvantage. It is great that the club sees the NGA as an opportunity to not just develop people’s football abilities but professional opportunity which no doubt will assist the broader community to which we reach.

When we get back to allowing these kids to showcase the area they have an actual advantage we will be back to where we should be in this community.

4 Likes

How about being a footy club ?

1 Like