RMIT & EFC Partnership

Yeah, we probably shouldn’t let the football department set up and manage this partnership, hey?

/s (just in case)

4 Likes

Well I’d rather RMIT teach them excel if that’s what your saying.

1 Like

I heard Xavier on the radio this morning, and all ideas seem good, however I always get concerned about anyone diversifying away from its core business.

And no disrespect to anyone at EFC, but we are coming off the worst period in the Clubs history and we have not win a final in a long time. I would prefer we have a CEO and Board who concentrate on winning a flag.

1 Like

If our board are good enough to get rid of pokies and become strong financially and not put their hands out again for another fight plan, I would be well contented.
That they should be supporting the ‘front of house’ as much as possible goes without saying.
I’m sure they’re aware that nothing makes money like winning games.

In footy terms, the business side of the club is coming out of a rebuild.
And they’re looking pretty good.
Better than some other big clubs.

1 Like

wtf are you even talking about bf?

the ■■■■■ a ceo and board gonna do about onfield performance once a coaching staff and support staff have been locked in for the year?

1 Like

Thanks. That’s a bit more informative than the article and the X on the radio today.

Maybe initiative 1 can be studying the benefits of plain language over corporate speak to communicate the other initiatives to EFC members.

4 Likes

Since Xav has come in I honestly find it hard to fault any of the clubs off field moves. Really rate him and the off field direction of the club since his arrival.

3 Likes

If RMIT could put on free beer at home games like they did every Thursday during my first year of undergrad, then this partnership is exactly what the club needs.

4 Likes

He’s helped bring the club into the 21st century. Long overdue.

Well Barnz, we went through a period where the Chairman, the Board and the CEO allowed an arsehat in Dank to enter the Club destroying people and nearly the Club. Ultimately this poor performance on their part destroyed our on-field performance. I have always held them responsible.

I can give you many examples of solid businesses who farked themselves by over diversifying away from their core business. By all means, open up other avenues of income, but don’t drop the ball on what you are primarily all about.

Egames, NBL, RMIT etc all sound great, but will they make money or become a money pit. I respect what Catherine posted, but I hope the Board keeps a close look on the business plan and all the costs. And in my view after spending the last 40 years working with Universities, it is not a place where income is generated, and they have more overheads than any group around.