Rnd 18 Non Essendon games

Good result.

suck eggs port

1 Like

Dawson simpson.

29yo

11 years on AFL lists.

37 games

And people whinge that Myers has done nothing: same draft.

1 Like

Jesus bloke has done well to keep himself on a list.

So when does Myers give us a return on investment?

Via congratulating Orazio as his favourite player.

Ruckmen often hang around senior lists far longer than is justified for two reasons: 1) clubs carry only two, max 3 rucks on their list so they have rarity value, 2) even if theyā€™re complete spuds, the ā€œbig men take much longer to developā€ rationale means clubs tend to hang onto them for years.

Clubs only figured out about 10 years ago that drafting rucks with anything sooner than a 3rd round pick is likely going to give a poor return - they give you nothing for the first 5 or so years, and even then thereā€™s no guarantee theyā€™ll end up better than a random 24y.o. rookie pick from a state league.

1 Like

And as soon as they come good they want to be playing firsts. So you basically canā€™t hold onto good depth.

Watched the Pies V. Roos debacle. A few Roos were a bit on the delicate side in the first quarter. Stage fright? None of that, a few were downright soft when there was a hard ball to be won. Set the tone for the rest of the game. Cunnington was besieged and sat upon very closely, not allowed to have his usual influence. Higgins had to do a lot of cleaning up in the back half and as a result was nowhere near as damaging. Scott Thompson forced off 4 or 5 times under the blood rule, didnā€™t help their defence. Norf are finished for 2018. They are finally starting to live down to my predictions for them, too little too late to help with my FLR tips!

1 Like

Everyone reacts differently. I think Richardson is a bit out of order here.

2 Likes

Man Richardson is a tool

Your team is like 19th you flog

Heā€™s got the charisma of a house brick.

4 Likes

If I were Simon Goodwin, Iā€™d get on the blower and remind him that my team hasnā€™t had as much practice at handling defeat as his team.

2 Likes

Total deflection by richardson.

doesnā€™t want any more spot light on his abhorrent performance.

HS put up article showing picture of Carlisle laughing on way off after they were belted by Richmond also!

Hypocritical