Robin Williams Dead

Just heard on radio. Gutted.

Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn‘t confirm that it was a suicide, they did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

Williams, who won an Oscar for his supporting role in Good Will Hunting, will reprise his role as Theodore Roosevelt in the third installment of Night at the Museum this December. He had recently signed on to reprise his beloved role as Mrs. Doubtfire in a sequel to be directed by Chris Columbus and was last seen opposite Annette Bening in the indie film The Face of Love.

Story developing…

Asphyxiation.

Was a good dramatic actor, and I loved his stand-up movie from the mid-eighties.

Shazbot

Was just watching him on recent 'Set List' gig the other night..

http://youtu.be/Z6ZrNS_HwOQ

My fav comedian /actor. Made some truly great films (Good WIll Hunting, Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society), and a few shockers. Devo'd.

God, depression is the freaking worst.

That is so sad. RIP. You made a lot of people happy.

Very sad, one of the greats of the comedic world.  Depression.

:frowning:

Shock. Nothing more or less. :(

Was simply brilliant!

Will be missed.

RIP

Fark! Depression. That’s farked.

Terrible news.

R.I.P.

:frowning:

Was always worth watching.

Fun, crazy, scary or all of the above,

Perhaps the fastest comic wit ever in movies. l saw a sequence he once did with his mother. she is the only person l ever saw who could keep up with him. she reminded me of George Burns' missus, the great Gracie Allen, and humour was in his genes, while she was obviously a great source of inspiration, he made his own material. A unique talent, RIP.   

What the? :(

Very very sad, but honestly, I'm surprised he lasted this long given his well publicised battles with drugs, alcohol and depression.

Shocked at this. Very sad. I met him on a street in London when I was there in the late 80s. He actually went out of his way to say hello to me. I was backpacking and had a small pin with a map of Australia on it and he stopped me as I was passing his group and told me he'd just been to Australia and asked what I was doing and where I was going to next. He chatted and laughed about his entourage - over 10 of them and what he was doing in London and then he said something in an Aussie accent and kept walking. I was stunned but it was something I would never forget. Just on his entourage - As they passed by, I noticed a short guy, all rugged up wandering along behind them. It was Dustin Hoffman.

:(

R.I.P. Robin Williams.

Thanks for the many hours of entertainment.

:(