Rookie B list players

Here are the blokes who we’ve nominated for our Rookie B List. If they get through the Rookie draft without being picks, then they up to three of them are ours if we are interested.

Aaron Tatchell (Indigenous)

171cm 66kg Calder Cannons

Played 3 matches. Averaged 6.3kicks, 4.3 handballs, 10.7 disposals, 3.3 marks, 2.7 tackles, 0.3goals.

Ben Ronke (Multicultural)

18/12/97 180.9cm 76.2kg Calder Cannons
“Ben learned how to find time and space using his elite speed and agility enabling him to demonstrate a higher level of kicking which people had a query about at the beginning of the year. His use of the ball has become a lot better. He could be an inside mid or outside mid and also play as a small forward because of his strong marking for his size. The area he needs to keep working on is his kicking which is a little awkward under extreme pressure. But it has really improved and because he has learned how to use his speed and agility he is now getting more time to set up and kick the ball.” - Calder Cannons talent manager Ian Kyte. Strengths : speed, agility. Needs to Improve : kicking.

Played 14 games. Averaged 12.7 kicks, 7.7 handballs, 22.4 disposals, 3.1 marks, 4.6 tackles, 1.2 goals.

Muhammad Saad (Multicultural)

186cm 80kg

Played 16 games. Averaged 7.9 kicks, 4.1 handballs, 11.9 disposals, 1.7 marks, 2.2 tackles, 1.4 goals.

The younger brother of Gold Coast defender Adam — booted 23 goals from 17 TAC Cup matches this year.

Ovie Magbegor (Multicultural)

195cm 89kg

Played 11 games. Averaged 1.9 kicks, 4.4 handballs, 6.3 disposals, 1.3 marks, 22.5 hitouts, 2.8 tackles, 0 goals.

Magbegor is an exciting ruck prospect who has mixed his time between football and basketball in recent years.

Hisham Kerbatieh (Multicultural)

16/5/97 177.5cm 80.2kg Northern Blues
“Came out of the Calder Cannons to play every game for teh Blues this year, kicking 21 goals as a small forward and getting six mentions in the best. A splendid mark, strong tackler and does everything with a touch of class. Has worked on his endurance, which was the query on him when he left the TAC Cup.” - Inside Footballs VFL expert Paul Amy. Strengths : Goal sense. Needs to Improve : versatility, endurance, agility.

Kerbatieh enjoyed a strong season with Northern Blues in 2016 after missing out at last year’s drafts.

Ozgur Uysal (Multicultural)

5/8/92 180cm 82kg

Uysal, 24, has become one of the VFL’s most dynamic midfielders in recent years while playing with Coburg.

The dynamic midfielder continued on from his outstanding second half of 2014 to once again establish himself as one of the competitions premier midfielders, averaging 25.3 disposals per match. As a result, ‘Ozzie’ would finish second in the clubs best and fairest as well as being named in the VFL team of the year for the second season in a row, this time being relocated into the midfield.

Considered by a few as once again unlucky to be overlooked in the AFL drafts, ‘Ozzie’ will be yet again integral to the midfield brigade for the Lions, and is now considered to be one of the clubs most experienced on the list notching up his 50th game late in 2015, having made his first appearance for the club in 2010.

2nd - 2015, 2016 Jim Sullivan Medal
3rd - 2014 Jim Sullivan Medal
2014 VFL Team of the Year
2015 VFL Team of the Year
2012 Development Premiership Player
2012 Fred Hill Memorial Medal

http://coburgfc.com.au/ozgur-uysal/

https://afldraftcentral.com.au/calder-cannons/

And borrowed the quotes from Inside Footy magazine draft edition.

That bloke would be one of the shortest ruckman going around!!
Aside from the legend himself Paddy Ambrose.

That bloke would be one of the shortest ruckman going around!! Aside from the legend himself Paddy Ambrose.

Essendon finals player Heath Hocking

That bloke would be one of the shortest ruckman going around!! Aside from the legend himself Paddy Ambrose.

Same height as Smack and Paddy Ryder. I know a guy who coaches him through his junior club, says he has a long way to go but is an athletic freak.

He is a free hit, why wouldn’t we?

Same height as Smack and Paddy Ryder. I know a guy who coaches him through his junior club, says he has a long way to go but is an athletic freak.

didn’t a US college offer him a spot to play Bball?

he may not be available

saying that I do agree with the free hit aspect and hope we fill all three spots this year

What would we do with them if they can’t get a game in the magoos.

I suppose if they’re local, they play with their EDFL club…not sure they could play with Coburg, though, if applicable.

Ryder is 195cm? Jeepers.
Yeah agree absolutely. You’d be stupid not to when it is a free hit.

What would we do with them if they can't get a game in the magoos.

I suppose if they’re local, they play with their EDFL club…not sure they could play with Coburg, though, if applicable.

Would go to Abers would be my guess

Ryder is 195cm? Jeepers.
Yeah agree absolutely. You’d be stupid not to when it is a free hit.

He’s been listed as that since he was drafted, though I suspect he’s grown since he was 18

Ryder was just 196cm thought he was taller

QB from Utah, runs pretty well and seems hard to tackle…not bad for 200cm

If he can be taught to kick and handball anything like the quality of how he throws, with his vision he is an interesting prospect. Such speed and agility for a 200cm dude. At least he is used to a game with tackling and the ball is oval.

Interesting proposition.

Most 200cm players lateral movement would be an issue and generally they are big dopes also!

Quarterbacks have to be so smart knowing the plays and thinking on the go. Plus this guys awareness in traffic and movement would be really good.

Interesting proposition.

Most 200cm players lateral movement would be an issue and generally they are big dopes also!

Quarterbacks have to be so smart knowing the plays and thinking on the go. Plus this guys awareness in traffic and movement would be really good.

Yep, fast first 5 - 10 steps. Good decision maker, big, strong. Tough as nails.

Just needs to learn AFL to run big distances, kick and handball. Should be easy … maybe.

Are we looking at Ronke? Looks fairly dynamic - another shorty though

When is this?

When is this?

Pretty sure contract offers have to happen today.

Okay, so what I remember reading was from this article

which says

The club will need to lodge relevant paperwork immediately after the rookie draft on November 28 to secure the multicultural or indigenous talent.
Who knows what "immediately" means.

Ozgur Uysal
Hisham Kerbatieh
T Wilson

thats what I’m hoping for

doen’t this draft happen today?

Ozgur Uysal Hisham Kerbatieh T Wilson

thats what I’m hoping for

doen’t this draft happen today?

It’s not a draft, so much as paperwork as others have said.

Who knows when we will hear.