Rookies

I believe that list is based on clubs being allowed to have 38-40 on the senior list. Pies have 39 currently, so are allowed a pick in the PSD, but won't be taking it, as they intend to go 39 main list with 5 rookies and have Hudson upgraded from Rd 1.
Swans plan on going 38 / 6 for salary cap reasons, so they also won't have a PSD pick, and I assume others will be in similar situations.

Emma Quayle seemed to indicate on twitter today that GWS would take one pick and no-one else will take any.
Personally I don't see much point in the PSD any more now that we have free agency. Players have enough in their favour now, so I reckon scrap it and stop anyone doing a McPhee

Yeah, just have the undrafted players be able to get signed as Free Agents.

Looks like we are in to Conlon.
As is Collingwood.

Ranga Ruckman. He'll cost a fortune in sun lotion but we'll have him.
He's a forward.
Like Daniher, playing him in the ruck would be a criminal waste. Very very good mark, crappy tapwork. And it's made worse in Conlon's case because he lets the ball get behind him when going for the tap and he reaches far, far back for it. You find yourself cringeing and waiting for the inevitable snap-crackle-pop of shoulder ligaments the whole time.

Taking a ruck and a tall forward would be a good needs based outcome. How we manage it to get guys we rate will be interesting
Eg Darcy Cameron first? Conlon first? Sikora or Baulderstone second? A lesser known?
Or whether there just aren't the guys we rate enough in those positions and we end up with a depth ruck and someone else who we rate?

Claremont colts ruckman Darcy Cameron is training with Essendon in the hope of being snapped up by the Bombers in tomorrow's rookie draft.

Cameron was overlooked in last Thursday's national draft despite a stellar season with the Tigers and outstanding test results at the national draft combine.

Three ruckmen were selected in the national draft, with Michael Apeness heading to Fremantle in the first round, Greater Western Sydney picking Swan Districts' Rory Lobb in round two and Tasmanian Toby Nankervis going in the second round to Sydney.

The Bombers called Cameron last Friday to invite him to train at the club with several other potential draftees

Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro confirmed the club was looking at Cameron as a potential rookie selection.

"Darcy Cameron is here training with a number of other young players," he said. "They will train with the VFL squad tomorrow. He is certainly one of a number of players the club is looking at for potential rookies."

The 203cm Albany junior ran a 2km time trial yesterday in 7min. 20sec. Cameron averaged more than 27 hit-outs and 12 disposals in his 16 colts games and 19.3 hit-outs and just under 10 possessions in four matches with WA at the national under-18 titles. Cameron performed strongly at the national draft combine in Melbourne last month, returning impressive results in the beep and agility tests while finishing equal second in the kicking test.

Last month, WA Football Commission State academy manager Raff Guadagnino heaped praise on Cameron.

"Darcy's hand-eye co-ordination is the best I have seen from a 2m-tall player in under-18s football since Nic Naitanui," Guadagnino said. "He is a good example of a player who prides himself on developing his skills."

Tomorrow's pre-season and rookie drafts are the last opportunities for AFL clubs to add players for the 2014 season

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/wafl/20023537/cameron-gets-last-shot-with-bombers/

So he's tall, fast, gets a lot of hitouts, super fit, athletic, excellent kick, and gets reasonable amounts of the ball.

What are the knocks?!

His father played for a wanker Albany club.

Jolly has been interviewed by Essendon.

hope it is to make it clear he is not required

hope it is to make it clear he is not required

Why? We need a ruckmen for insurance, could also take on coaching duties if Simon Madden gets voted in.

Mark “Matt Damon” Stevens reckons jolly a big chance to us.

I’ll wait until I see a brochure on it.

Jolly has been interviewed by Essendon.

Do NOT want.

Jolly is the perfect insurance ruckmen, guys saying we don't want him are crazy.

Jolly is the perfect insurance ruckmen, guys saying we don't want him are crazy.

If coaches are confident he can stay injury free, we'll get him.
It'll interesting as to whether we get another ruckman (Cameron) or go for best pick (Hourigan, Templeton).

If coaches are confident he can stay injury free, we'll get him.
It'll interesting as to whether we get another ruckman (Cameron) or go for best pick (Hourigan, Templeton).

Disagree, we still have 3 capable ruckmen. It would require 2 injuries for the dude to even have a chance to play. Keep him in cotton wool, and play him sparingly in the VFL to mentor Daniher.

There are reasons why these players went undrafted. Get Jolly for a year, then use our early pick on a talented ruckmen.

Mark "Matt Damon" Stevens reckons jolly a big chance to us.
I'll wait until I see a brochure on it.

I feel ill

Jolly is a great player and two-time premiership ruckman. And you don't want him in the team?

I think it would be great to get him on the rookie list.  Equally I hope he never plays senior footy for us.

I’d be happy to take two rookie ruckman, one a long term prospect, and Jolly being the other.

Would essentially solve all our ruck depth issues right there, and Daniher can concentrate on being a key forward.

I can’t see Jolly agreeing to play in the twos and simply being a backup in case of injury.

sick everywhere. walls, my van halen t shirt.

I can't see Jolly agreeing to play in the twos and simply being a backup in case of injury.

Well it's either that or don't play anywhere.
What Collingwood did with Hudson was smart list Management, rookie / coaching role. Jolly could do similar

I can't see Jolly agreeing to play in the twos and simply being a backup in case of injury.

Well it's either that or don't play anywhere.
What Collingwood did with Hudson was smart list Management, rookie / coaching role. Jolly could do similar
I guess one upside is that at each of his last two clubs he won a flag in his first year.

Does this mean Ryder full time forward?