ROSS THE BOSS

Respectfully disagree.

Unsociable is one thing, taunting a group of innocent peers about the way they were stitched up while playing fir the club that were pioneers of “cutting edge” performance, then doubling down in writing blaming the players is over the odds.

He’s a ■■■■■■■ ■■■■.

7 Likes

It’s something I’d do, lol

BRING HIM IN

7 Likes

Surprised a little at the amount of Nay’s.

Perhaps a poll with several potential coaching candidates?

Yep Fark SMitchell, don’t want him anywhere near the club.

There is unsociable, there is dog act, then there’s 30 feet of ■■■■ and then there’s SMitchell.

2 Likes

lets get good bloke #524059834 and continue to be ■■■■.

our best ever coach was an A-grade ■■■■ from richmond.

1 Like

Why would we consider picking up the dregs of another club…again?

Fark me, it’s worked a treat with Woosha hasn’t it?

When we appointed Sheedy in 1981, this club that was considered to be ultra conservative in its nature took a massive gamble and took on an relatively inexperienced assistant coach from a club coming from a sustained period of success, played under one of the game’s absolute coaching greats at the time and from a club considered brutal and unrelenting in its pursuit of success from the late sixties to the early eighties. Richmond were the benchmark of that period but hated, feared and respected by all at the same time.

Sheeds came from that culture and put his stamp over, and a lot of that Richmond mongrel and attitude, on what was considered through the League at the time a club with a soft underbelly.

He turned our club into one of the most brutal, feared and respected units in the League over the next 20-25 years or so.

Sheeds was preceded by both Barry Davis and Bill Stephen who helped build, develop and nurture a young list that would become the core of those feared Sheedy teams in the eighties and into the nineties.

They were probably considered decent coaches but just didn’t have the hardness or knew how to take a young talented list to that next step to realise their talent after spluttering through numerous Elimination Finals thrashings through a barren period of success in the 15 years between our 1968 GF appearance to our next one in '83.

Fast forward almost 40 years and we’ve almost gone full circle back to those pre- Sheedy days.

This ultra conservative, soft underbellied club is now at a critical juncture of its existence and only time will tell whether it’s got the guts to really make the tough decisions about the future of this club or whether it will continue to take the soft option and remain ultra conservative in its decision making.

If it takes someone like a relatively inexperienced assistant coach, with a track record of being a tough uncompromising player, under a modern day coaching legend,
coming from a club with a recent history of sustained success then Mitchell just may be that guy.

I’m pretty sure Sheeds wouldn’t have endeared himself to many Essendon players throughout his playing career given his reputation as a tough footballer who wasn’t adverse to dishing out some whacks behind play or shirtfronts to unsuspecting opponents.

Its time for this club to make some brave calls or consign itself to further decades of mid table mediocrity and irrelevance by backing the current status quo with a few tweaks here and there.

Under Sheedy our club had become a trendsetter and the envy of the League for quite some time, but over the past 15 years we’ve become reactive, a lemming of the League and falling so far behind the trends of modern day football that we have been playing catch up with the stronger clubs but from two or three steps behind at every turn.

Club needs a strong personality to take over again and turn it on its head.

11 Likes

Sounds like your describing Damien Hardwick.

Oh wait…

1 Like

I think we should develop from within

Thanks boomer

Sheeds was tough on the field and driven in his football endeavours, but by all reports was always a good bloke personally away from the game. I can’t verify that personally, I’ve never had a glass of red with the great man.

Kind of like Woosha, or even Dimma if you like.

But there’s a big difference between uncompromising in your pursuit of excellence and being a ■■■■ of a bloke generally

2 Likes

As much as this makes me want to spew, THIS!!

1 Like

This thread is what Worsfold has brought us to.

Any alternative looks like a viable option.

4 Likes

Can anyone explain why Mitchell is the coaching Messiah all of a sudden? Apart from him being a ■■■■ bloke, oops I mean uncompromising?

2 Likes

Did you watch West Coast midfield last night. He spent the past few years there developing them.

Have you seen Hawthorn blokes you’ve never heard of before this year in Worpel, cousins etc come out of nowhere? After he transferred back to Hawthorn.

He’s won 5 of the last 12 flags.

He will win one as head coach. But it won’t be us.

1 Like

I’d be all in on a Ross the Boss into Mitchell succession plan. 2 years of RTB then Mitchell is in

1 Like

Hmmm, I doubt that Ross Lyon is a “succession plan seat-filler” type of guy.

2 Likes

Can we just have 1 Hawthorn person?

Its not like the last 6 premierships have all been won by Clarkson people.

1 Like

Scott Burns as an assistant maybe?

Guess we’ll continue on being the good old Essendon boys club. Boomski

61 to 51 RTB gets hard to that scoreline

Ask if the filth fans care.

BRING…

3 Likes

Cool your jets Hawthorn lover, way too much to ask