Round 1 2016

New season same Richmond. Put them under pressure and they just panic.

Hawthorn lost. Hodge is sore.

Classic Hodge, what a warrior

Brave and courageous etc etc

Hurts that we're probably 10 years away from playing football like this with quality players.

By then Hawks and geelong would have probably rebuilt again and favourites for the flag while we’re pushing to scrape into 8th to win our first final in 25 years.

The quality of footy in many matches this weekend is depressing as an Essendon supporter. Has shown how far Essendon is off the pace (and not just the castrated 2016 side).
Even if all 11 come back next year (sorry can’t seriously consider Pears), Essendon will have a slow plodding midfield and aging cohort of “name” players, and more than likely a totally dysfunctional forward line.
Don’t think there will be much joy for many, many years.

Sadly I can’t see much opportunity for joy until all players and staff connected with the saga are gone, and the club has rebuilt. Note I said opportunity - no guarantee the people that replace them will know what they’re doing either.

I noticed it in the finals last year, but Hodge has lost another yard of pace and imo he panics a bit with the ball because he's worried he'll get run down

Very true. But he panics so bravely, and is so bravely slow.

Courageously slow.

Hurts that we're probably 10 years away from playing football like this with quality players.

By then Hawks and geelong would have probably rebuilt again and favourites for the flag while we’re pushing to scrape into 8th to win our first final in 25 years.

Same as what has happened in the past 15 years. Why should the next 10 be any different.

You two should make a suicide pact.

1.5 mil a year (exaggeration) to kick 0.3 in the last qtr when it mattered most, ouch. lucky they won, otherwise geelongs favourite circle jerk player may be on a lil shaky ground.

If not for Dangerfield Geelong would have lost today.

Maybe, maybe not. But ■■■■■■ hell Dangerfield was un-be-lievable today. Earned every cent.

With him on board Geelong’s midfield is looking formidable.

I noticed it in the finals last year, but Hodge has lost another yard of pace and imo he panics a bit with the ball because he's worried he'll get run down

Very true. But he panics so bravely, and is so bravely slow.

1.5 mil a year (exaggeration) to kick 0.3 in the last qtr when it mattered most, ouch. lucky they won, otherwise geelongs favourite circle jerk player may be on a lil shaky ground.

If not for Dangerfield Geelong would have lost today.

Whorethorn…heh,heh, heh. Eat it.

Gee don’t Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell look s-l-o-w.

Only saw the last 10 minutes but couldn’t believe how many times a Hawks player kicked or hand passed to a stationary target in trouble. Was Essendon like

Oh dear, have been telling myself we will do our best to be competitive this year, but now a tad scared how we will fare this year against those top teams. Today was a pretty full on game, god knows what will happen

The quality of footy in many matches this weekend is depressing as an Essendon supporter. Has shown how far Essendon is off the pace (and not just the castrated 2016 side).
Even if all 11 come back next year (sorry can’t seriously consider Pears), Essendon will have a slow plodding midfield and aging cohort of “name” players, and more than likely a totally dysfunctional forward line.
Don’t think there will be much joy for many, many years.
The umps fair dinkim love Hawthorn

Wat.

for that last 1/4

That was deadset embarrassing by the maggots in the fourth. Did everything they could to get Hawks over the line.

Wat.

for that last 1/4

Hawthorn lost. Hodge is sore.

Classic Hodge, what a warrior

Same as what has happened in the past 15 years. Why should the next 10 be any different.

And it's good to see Hawthorn lose. They're a great team, and I admire the way that they play, but they are so farking smug about it that it's great to see them genuinely outplayed in a fair contest.

did you see the sheer bewilderment on lewis when there was a free against hawks, ■■■■■■■ wankers.

Wat.

And it’s good to see Hawthorn lose. They’re a great team, and I admire the way that they play, but they are so farking smug about it that it’s great to see them genuinely outplayed in a fair contest.