Round 1 2019 Non Essendon Games

Get your spicy nuggs out. Its time.

4 Likes

Meanwhile im getting married Saturday. So entertain yourselves dammit.

12 Likes

Congratulations are in order then, I guess?

1 Like

2MP!!!

2 Likes

Nuggs cake?

1 Like

Could feed the whole guest list for about 100 bucks with 24 nuggs for 10 bucks

4 Likes

You should probably wait til the wedding is over before you get your spicy nuggs out.

3 Likes

Round 1 non-Ess matches:

Carl v Rich (MCG)
Coll v Geel (MCG)
Melb v Port (MCG)
Adel v Haw (AO)
WB v Syd (MS)
Bris v WCE (G)
StK v GC (MS)
Fre v NM (OS)

I’m heading to the Pies v Cats game this Friday Night, should be a beauty!

Me too!

Also heading to Richmond vs Carlton on Thursday night. Just because I’m so excited to have footy back!

Was tempted to go see Doggies vs Swans - will see how much :beer: I have in the MCC Friday night!

My tips

Aints and Suns will be interesting as i am not really certain who will win, but the Ainst, on paper, should.

1 Like

Congrats!

Marsupial celebrant by chance?

1 Like

Freo and north is the hardest game to tip

Enthusiasm at an all time low, apart from our games I doubt I’ll watch any other game in full this year. Will catch the odd quarter or two of some games but that’s about it unless I suddenly find some enthusiasm

4 Likes

Once we’re winning regularly your enthusiasm will come back. You’ll enjoy watching the other games and pointing and laughing

Carl v Rich (MCG)
Coll v Geel (MCG)
Melb v Port (MCG)
Adel v Haw (AO)
WB v Syd (MS)**
Bris v WCE (G)
StK v GC (MS)
Fre v NM (OS)

Maybe.
I must admit I really don’t enjoy the game as a spectacle much anymore. I find the local footy and SANFL to bear a closer resemblance to the game I grew up loving. I find AFL to be an over officiated, tiggy touchwood larger version of basketball. No players have set positions, the man on man contests are dead and more often than not it’s just a rolling ugly maul. Atleast with local footy I know the forwards will stay inside the 50m arc and not all players end up within a 20m radius of each other

10 Likes

What time are the Carlton supported going to leave on Thursday. 2 mins into the third is my guess.

1 Like

The loss of the contested work is what does it for me. I get so frustrated with players just dropping the footy and then it becoming a second and third effort tackle game.

If we could bring back hard hits, rewarding solid tackles and penalising players who are not skilled enough to pick the footy up clean and dispose quickly we would get some of the game back.

3 Likes

Yep my two main bugbears of the modern game is players dropping the ball and players having no forwards to kick it to.
If you don’t dispose of the ball legitimately by hand or foot it should be a free, I don’t care if it’s knocked free by the tackler or not.

5 Likes

I still love the game. Would probably watch our game, and 3 others a weekend

2 Likes