Round 1 2019 Non Essendon Games

Its OK, Rance will spend the year doing male modelling. You might not see him sweeping the backline for Richmond, but you will see him on tv, on billboards and modelling clothes in Val Morgan ads. Then he will make a fortune as an Instagram influencer so he might not even want to come back and play footy.

Has anyone checked on Luke Darcy? I fear hearing about Ranceā€™s injury may make him do something silly.

I hope heā€™s okā€¦

1 Like

One can only hope Azza. Maybe removing his voicebox?

He should do that anyway.

If he has a year off he will be 30 by the time he comes backā€¦ so he could decide to retire from footy. Wasnā€™t he talking about quitting a few yrs ago.

Yeah Nah,

Good looking dudes got to look after each other. It is anthropology.

Not the anthropology that your misses buys decorative door knobs and tea towels from either.

nah

well trueā€¦but since when do we ever have a full healthy list to pick from. evens it up!

And makes a mockery of the idiots who have just spent 5 months trying to predict the 2019 ladder/premier. Proves yet again how fuitle an a exercise it is.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Donā€™t make me ban you.

8 Likes

I donā€™t get the glee on here about a player doing an ACL? The added joy because heā€™s a good player makes it even more pathetic. Bunch of sh.t blokes and gals. Pull your heads in.

8 Likes

Astbury I think can be susceptible but youā€™re underrating Grimes significantly. He made all australian squad of 40 last year. He was in the best half dozen tall defenders in the comp and heā€™s versatile enough to play on talls and smalls.

4 Likes

Who is happy that he has done his ACL? No one is glad he is injured.

A few are having a go at Richmond because it probably hurts them more than it did Rance. It certainly brings them back to the pack now

1 Like

It probably helps my flr prediction as they end up 5th.

Unfortunate injury to rance.

Looks like Dustyā€™s fend off has been worked out. Seeing fisher tackle him was good. Hope our boys can do the same.

Carlton showed some fight.
But ran out of legs and tigers did enough when required.

Can expect the blues to fade in the last quarter most of the year. Like they did against us in the JLT. Just due to the number of kids out there not properly conditioned to afl.

They did well to get back into the game, umps prolly helped a little. But managed to create scoreboard pressure.

Then tigers put the foot down in the last.
Not the worst season opener. Thought blues might have received a belting, then they managed to get the scoreboard rolling over.

Leaves a massive hole in their defensive structure. Rance is got only a great defender but his ability to read the play and intercept attacks is probably second to none. Most defenders are good at one of those things and not the other. Rance can do both. How the Tigers cover that remains to be seenā€¦

I donā€™t wish injury on anyone but the Tigers have had a pretty blessed run the past 2 years.

1 Like

They looked like ok for one and a half quarters
But apart from that too many poor efforts and skill errors - not up to AFL standard

Was Rance staging for a free at the time of injury?

If anyone can cover the loss of a critical plank of their defensive set up itā€™s Richmond, such is the the quality of the full ground defensive structure. Butā€¦ He is a huge hole in that setup for the reasonā€™s youā€™ve outlined. Broadly heā€™s so versatile in their defensive structure and trustworthy/reliable enough to do all those jobs week in week out.

1 Like