Round 1 2019 Non Essendon Games

I stopped wearing colours to games after a bunch of us were set upon by a bunch of boozed-up Hawthorn-supporting scumbags at a Waverley game in the early-ish 90’s, for no other reason than we were wearing (in their minds) the wrong colours…

When something like that happens, you wise up pretty fast…

1 Like

Anyhow… here’s your garden-variety Richmond supporters at work…

Untitled

3 Likes

what an ■■■■.

and there’s a bloke chucking the moon behind him.

13 Likes

Gotta hand it to Carlton (yep, that Fkg hurt to say) but they played with a lot of spirit last night. They were down 40pts to the minor premier last year but stuck to their task, probably should’ve only been a goal down in that third quarter and made Richmond work hard for the win. They’ll win around six games this year if they play with that same will and spirit. They’ll inevitably fall away as the season goes on but I don’t expect to see those 100 point beltings unfortunately.

Yeah I’m tipping LOLlingwood to win by about 5-6 goals. They have the edge in midfield depth, clear advantage in the ruck, plus when you have Selwood, Ablett and Danger, accountability going the other way will never be great. Gaz will probably still spend time in the middle even though he’s been earmarked for more time up forward.

Hard to tell whether Carlton are closer to Richmond than we thought, OR if Carlton have done a pre-season that peaks earlier than what Richmond did (implying the gap will widen over the season).

Richmond did miss a lot of easy goals that they usually nail. Carlton were lucky not to be 60-70 points down in that 2nd quarter.

Really didn’t see their improvement (compared to round 1 last year).

FarkCarlton.

The bloke’s kid looks less than impressed with Dad’s handiwork

Reiwoldt was playing that role last night.

The fighting fury, down at tiger land

I think you screwed up that quote, I never asked that question.

Don’t underestimate the Cats in this game.

1 Like

I tipped em.

3 Likes

I might regret this but I reckon Geelong wont get near the 8 this year, finish about 2-3 games outside it. Hawkins needs more help, reckon they missed a trick getting rid of Menzel. GAJ will only offer flashes, Selwood is still great but sliding, too much being left to Dangerfield

At the game. Not sure if people are still coming in but last night seemed busier.

Hope it’s a better game!

Ratugolea looked a pretty handy player before injury last year.

Agree with the majority in here - the only time I ever feel unsafe at a game is at Richmond games. If you have to walk though or past the standing room areas its super sketchy

4 Likes

Good to see Mooney helping out Ed

1 Like

I wanna see the video of Dalhaus and libba punching darts on the beach over the offseason

4 Likes

Geelong pioneering a new forward line game plan where you handball it to your closest teammate instead of taking a shot at goal